“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vesuvio Romantica - CLOSED

Vesuvio Romantica
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Went for a family dinner last night couldn't have enjoyed the evening any more. We were made to feel incredibly welcome by the owner who was an excellent host. The place is lovely and cosy and the food was outstanding, very fresh with high quality ingredients that are well cooked and packed full of flavour and we left stuffed! We would definitely recommend and we will be returning.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant in Swansea? Don't know of many better...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We are frequent visitors to the Vesuvio Pizzeria over by the Stadium, it is probably my favorite Restaurant in Swansea as I know the menu inside out and the quality never (ever) drops, the one thing I will state is that the service at the Pizzeria can be painfully slow and un-attentive at times.

Anyway, one day we were in the City center and we decided to call for some food, hearing about this place down in the Marina we called down. On arrival the place was nice enough (a lot smaller than the Pizzeria) and we were greeted by a girl I recognised from the Pizzeria, the place was quiet so we were a little dubious. The familiar waitress made us feel very welcome which was nice, once seated she showed us the menu and went through everything very thoroughly, she even advised my Girlfriend to ask the chef to add some Chili to her dish, as what she was ordering was also the waitress' favorite dish.

I cannot remember what we had as it was a while ago, what stands out is that the food was superb and the service was literally first class. The longer we stayed the busier it got and I overheard the friendly waitress mentioning Trip Advisor having a great impact on business. Well, you deserve all the plaudits, your enthusiasm for the food made a lovely meal, a very special meal!

The one thing I would mention is that the Menu is very fish orientated, this may be a major draw or a major put off for some. I have a friend who I compete against in a friendly "Recommend a Restaurant" competition and this little place is my trump card to Wow him (my fish loving friend) over Christmas. Despite not being a lover of fish, this place still has some lovely dishes to choose from.

The only reason this is not my favorite Restaurant above the Pizzeria is in the name, basically I prefer Pizza over fish. Just like its sister restaurant, this place is pretty much unbeatable when it comes to Value for Money.

Waitress: Keep up the good work! Bosses: Give that girl a pay rise!

• Visited September 2012
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
“Fantastic cosy restaurant with lovely views of marina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have been here on two occasions and enjoyed both times. Vesuvio Romantica is run by the same family as Castellamare and Pizza Vesuvio (which I also rate 5 star). It is situated in Swansea marina with nice views and is a cosy little resturant. The Italian food is excellent and fairly priced. At lunch time they do a 2 course for £9.90, which is tremendously good value. The staff were polite, efficient and helpful. I only have one criticism of Vesuvio Romantica, that is the steep spiral staircase you have to walk up to enter the restaurant (I wouldn't fancy that in a few years..)

• Visited November 2012
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Definitely a little hidden gem !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Found this little restaurant purely by accident today . Thoroughly enjoyed a very tasty lunch in a relaxed atmosphere . Our hostess Susie was so friendly and welcoming , we will be back for sure !

“Another outstanding meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Visited on a Thursday night, sat overlooking the harbour and the fishing boats, could've been anywhere in the world. My husband ordered seabass, served in white wine sauce with mussels and prawns, I had a sirloin steak - beautifully tender and perfectly cooked to my taste (rare)
The waitress here is very knowledgeable and will suggest sauces or variations not on the menu if you wish. This restaurant is a gem, it should be packed out every night. Honestly the best food and the best service I think I have ever had. It's a little difficult to find if you don't know the area, but well worth a visit.