“Hidden Gem!!”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I came to Tapestri with my husband for an evening meal the day before Valentines day. The only negative is the location, its not going to get any passing trade as its hidden away and not easily accessible from the kerb - you'd hardly know it existed if it wasn't for the excellent word of mouth ... The reviews really are correct. The service was great, very attentive. The menu was great. Locally sourced food which was extremely tasty, especially the cockles and laverbread. I cant fault the food. The wine was also great - I had the welsh sparkling wine. We will def be back, great food, highly recommended!!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Hi, this is the first negative review I have written. I have always sorted any issue with the owner of restaurant or hotel if occurred.I tried with the staff of Tapestri, but to no avail.

I had booked a meal their on the evening 23rd December, 2013. My parents were staying with us and we had all eaten there before, so had asked if they could again.

However, at 7pm of the 23rd, I received a phone call from Tapestri to say that they could not accommodate us due to over booking. The meal was booked for 7.45pm. I stated that it was quite late to phone with this news, why could it not have been done earlier? There was an apology from the staff member, but could do nothing about the situation.
Fortunately, after phoning Vincent's, Sketty, they could fit us in.
I went to Tapestri a few days later for lunch and informed what had happened and received another apology from staff member. She stated that would have a word with the manager to sort something out due to inconvenience caused, and would phone in me in a few days. I am still waiting for the call!
I have eaten at tapestri quite a few times previously and always had really good meal and service. Unfortunately, this event has tainted what had been a very good dining experience.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Having just returned home from my third visit to this Superb Bistro, I thought that it was about time I wrote a review just to let you know how it went.
My husband and I visited on New Years Eve,the bistro was not full to capacity but had just the right amount of people for the staff to be attentive as usual.
The food was faultless,the wine gorgeous and the service second to none.This was the first time that my husband had visited and according to him it was the BEST meal that he'd ever had in Swansea. This Bistro really is a HIDDEN GEM.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN
SEE YOU AGAIN SOON

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband treated the family to a pre christmas evening meal here last Saturday. All six of us were impressed by the light,airy atmosphere of the place and the genuine warm welcome on our arrival. As for the meal itself I can only quote my husband's comment on the way home " By far the tastiest, best quality meal Iv'e had in ages". We all gave it 10 out of 10........outstanding!.

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had a lovely meal here a couple of weeks ago. Plenty of food for a very reasonable price. Thought the presentation and service was excellent as well.