“enjoyable Lunch”

The Waterfront Beefeater
Ranked #173 of 720 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: New Beefeater Grill that opened in the SA1 development in Swansea, in November 2010
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We ate here as a birthday lunch midweek, we were served by a very friendly male waiter who couldn't do enough for us. We took our own cake and were given plates, cake knife and a jug of cream! We all really enjoyed our meals, and with the daytime price offers, it proved to be very reasonable. We will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Mandy H

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Pleasant lunch with the wife after both having a fairly heavy night before. Needed something to fill the hole last nights booze had created.
Nice welcome taken straight to a table and asked if we wanted to order drinks immediately, Guinness and a lemonade.
Drinks came promptly and food was the ordered, bread to share as a small starter which came with garlic butter and olive oil and balsamic. Did what it said on the tin, nothing fancy, pretty grim balsamic vinegar but was good value for money.
For mains I had the mixed grill and my Wife had the smokey BBQ chicken salad. The mains took a while to be delivered to the table, but as it's the Sunday before Christmas with a relatively full restaurant it wasn't unreasonable.
The mixed grill was fine, asked for rare steak as I always do in pubs as most of the time they come well done regardless, mine came medium so not a bad effort.
The wife's salad was again very good although they did forget the tortilla strips. Fair play to James the waiter that served us, when I mentioned this he not only promptly went and got a bowl full, he put dessert on the house! (bearing in mind I literally asked if there was supposed to be tortilla strips on the salad, not complaining) this guy went above and beyond!
All in all a pleasant relaxed lunch with a nice view across Swansea Marina. Could have been a different story if it wasn't for having such a good waiter.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

lovely restaurant, with fantastic scenery over looking the marina. We just had our work Xmas dinner/party there and the food was really nice, great staff and very reasonable prices.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Popped in for an impromptu meal with the wife.
This was my first visit to the Waterfront Beefeater and won't be my last.
Service was prompt, friendly and helpful.
Food came quickly which surprised me as they were quite busy.
My wife ordered the sirloin steak, I ordered the mixed grill. The portions were just right, steaks were cooked as we had requested and more importantly food was hot.
The restaurant is clean and the décor is smart.
I wouldn't hesitate to eat in this restaurant again.
I am unable to find a negative.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We probably hit the first wave of office xmas parties, but still service was extremely slow. Our waitress was incredibly nice but we booked the table for 8.30 and weren't given our starters til 9.30, which meant we were finishing a 3 course meal (without coffee or anything) at 11.30! Very cheap menu but poor quality food-looked like it was all bought at iceland. Bland and tasteless. Decor looked nice tho, very xmassy, and good range of drinks.

1  Thank bethan659