“Long wait ended up going home without food”

The Waterfront Beefeater
Ranked #181 of 654 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: New Beefeater Grill that opened in the SA1 development in Swansea, in November 2010
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
“Long wait ended up going home without food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We arrived at 5 pm for a 5.30 table for 20, to be fair it was very busy but there did seem to be plenty of staff on duty to cope and we were seated about 5.50 pm. Six of the diners had starters which did not arrive until 6.25 which left 14 diners ( 5 of them children) waiting for food. I left but my wife stayed as it was her grandsons birthday meal and they eventually got fed at about 6.50. This is far to long to wait for food which no one had any complaints about when it did arrive though two meals were forgotten leading to a further wait for two people. Because of the long wait free deserts were given to everyone and the two forgotton meals were given free of charge. I would not visit this restaurant again.

2 Thank creightonfoyle

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Relaxed Evening Meal with Family”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just returned from the Waterfront Restaurant after having a lovely meal with family over from Ireland. There were 8 of us in the party and we were looked after extremely well. Our Table Waiter Aaron was very attentive and friendly, it was nice to have a waiter who had a permanent smile of his face. Everyone in our party enjoyed their food, although we did have to wait a bit due to the kitchen docket machine not working for half an hour, but to be honest we were enjoying a good chat so it didn't affect us to much. This is the third time we have been here since May, hopefully it will not be too long before we go back.

Norwich
“Brilliant waitress”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I wouldn't usually review a Beefeater, it is what it is! Same menu where ever you go and quantity and quality the same wherever you go. This one though is a bit different as its setting is by the harbour/dock and very pleasant. Have to mention also our waitress, Zoe, really firendly and efficient - made you feel very welcome and special in an pretty ordinary establishment.

1 Thank SBLB1
Crickhowell, United Kingdom
“Vet management reviewing their own venue!??”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm afraid I'm going to agree with the later trend of reports which are, indeed fairly critical. I'm not a voucher diner and, even if I was, I see no reason why I should expect anything other than excellent service and reasonable quality food - it is a beefeater after all.
I was also a victim of food running out and slow service. This isn't a staffing problem but a culture developed by poor management so hats off to the hard working staff and a kick in the backside for rubbish management. I agree with davidbriscombe - directors and management get your act together or you won't be seeing us again!!! N13roy - it's a step up from macdonalds isn't it.

3 Thank waedywales
Swansea
“Brilliant Staff.....who do not deserve the whinging " Voucher Crowd "”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Must admit, I'm a little bit shocked and appalled at a lot of the previous reviews, as we have called in here a lot since it opened, and still do, and have never experienced anything like the service mentioned here .The staff are fantastic, very friendly, efficient and the food is always superb too. So I think the people complaining here are " Voucher Only People " In other words, they would never visit this Restuarant, unless they had a Voucher, then expect all the staff to jump to their every command, and also expect to be served ASAP, whilst ordering the most expensive meals on the Menu, which would take a while to prepare, as everyone with a Voucher usually expects to be treated as someone " Special " In effect they are people that will only come back when they get their next Voucher for the Beefeater Grill, so as far as I am concerned, the previous reviews should be totally ignorned, as they are totally untrue, and written by people who just want something for nothing, and have nothing better to do than complain, in order to try and get another free meal here. Shame on you whingers.The Staff work VERY hard here, and do NOT deserve the abuse written here, OR personally in their Restuarant either. Next time you " Whingers " get a Voucher, chuck it in the Bin, and stay at home, and give the Staff a break....

1 Thank n13roy