“Great cocktails, shame about the noise.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kon-Tiki Bar

Kon-Tiki Bar
Ranked #5 of 57 Nightlife in Swansea
Swansea, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great cocktails, shame about the noise.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

The place looks fantastic, and as one of the few places in Swansea that primarily serves cocktails, they certainly deliver one of the best experiences.

A group of 10 of us went here for a celebration, and although it was great to share a few cocktails amongst friends in an aesthetically pleasing locale, we all found it incredibly hard to talk because of the blaring music. It's not a large place, so the music just fills the room, drowning any attempt at chatting.

The noise level was on par with a club, rather than a bar. I'd recommend the owners turn the music down a notch or two. Other than that, it's worth checking out for the drinks alone.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Llew22

Swansea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best place to drink in Swansea!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Love it here! Awesome drinks, awesome tunes! Sometimes it's too busy in there but that's not surprising. A little bit expensive, but i never remember my own name when i leave ;-)

Visited May 2012
1 Thank lazycrouton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Treasure chest cocktail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went here for the first time last night, what an amazing place! The staff were friendly and efficient and the cocktails are fabulous! We were out celebrating and decided to buy their treasure chest cocktail. Pricey at £50 but made with quality alcohol and there was enough for 8 of us to share! I loved the fresh fruit that came with the cocktails too- I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Pinkbooboo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wicked bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Wicked night, nice to see Swansea has finally got some class!!

2 Thank SaraJaine
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I've had amazing times at Kon-Tiki, I visit Swansea a few times a year to see a friend and often while my friend is working I will venture off on my own... I found Kon-Toki early one evening and as soon as I walked in I was plesently greeted with a smile and felt instantly at ease and welcome, despite being alone. The staff were friendly and polite.The decor gave a serene feeling like being in a tropical jungle. What I was most impressed with was the attention to detail with the drinks... everything was fresh and presented like nothing I'd seen before, I felt like a VIP... I've returned since on busy nights with my friend and never left disappointed... I'm very impatient, and despite so many people at the bar, I never had to wait long to be served.... atmosphere was banging, met lots of new people. Would definately recommend checking it out!!

Visited December 2011