“Classy”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We have tried to book here for several months on our regular visits to Swansea, and finally made it this weekend. This is a classy French restaurant with very reasonable pricing. My wife had the duck confit and I had the Babette. They were both excellent. the house wine is good and again excellent value. I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Gwyrosydd
There are newer reviews for Pant-Y-Gwydr

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I feel slightly harsh giving Pant-y-Gwydr only 4 stars for I believe it is the best restaurant in the city. It looks great, has a great atmosphere and the service impressively professional. The two main courses we had on this evening, beef stew and tournedos rossini, were truly spectacular - the latter particularly. When this place gets it right, no other restaurant in Swansea comes close, in my opinion.

That said, it is also one of the most expensive restaurants in the area and when one pays top dollar, one expects the very best. Yet the frogs legs starter was under seasoned and the scallops dish was good, but not great. I'm not entirely convinced with the desserts either, which all seem confused with too much going on the plate. These factors are the reason that the 5th star has evaded Pant-y-Gwydr, this time.

Still, you should go. It's the best.

1  Thank SwanseaMac
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is a French restaurant run by a French couple who are striving to deliver authentic French food. They succeed and its a pleasure to eat there.Make sure you leave room for their spectacular desserts

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Poor food, poor service, over priced and rude staff. Expensive wine which we had to pour our selves, no desert as no one returned to take our order. Total waste of money.

3  Thank Simonjo66
Reviewed March 2, 2014

When we arrived the waiter pointed us to our table from behind the bar. The starters were ok, it took an age for our plates to be collected. We purchased a very expensive bottle of wine which we had to pour our selves. The main courses were medioca and poor value. Again we waited an age for our plates to be collected. The waiter brought the menu over for deserts but never returned for out order. Eventually I went to the bar for the bill. One of the worst dinning experiences ever. The first time I have left a so called decent restaurant without leaving a tip. We will never go back!

4  Thank Simonjo66