“Extremely disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pant-Y-Gwydr

Pant-Y-Gwydr
Ranked #57 of 640 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Extremely disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

When we arrived the waiter pointed us to our table from behind the bar. The starters were ok, it took an age for our plates to be collected. We purchased a very expensive bottle of wine which we had to pour our selves. The main courses were medioca and poor value. Again we waited an age for our plates to be collected. The waiter brought the menu over for deserts but never returned for out order. Eventually I went to the bar for the bill. One of the worst dinning experiences ever. The first time I have left a so called decent restaurant without leaving a tip. We will never go back!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Simonjo66

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Continental cuisine in Swansea!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is worth the effort of finding. It is tucked away on Oxford Street in a residential section. I was really surprised. It had amazing duck confit and perfectly cooked mussels. It's interior fairly accurately replicated the atmosphere of a nice french restaurant. The service was good and the staff was friendly.

“Amazing... As always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Yet again, the pantygwydr served up a delicious meal. Really pleased to see that they are now serving wine by the carafe as I don't always want to drink the same colour wine as my husband! Mussels were superb! My main was delicious and dessert was to die for. I had the assiete de praline. Fabulous! I always struggle to choose dessert as I've had so many wonderful plates over the years the pantygwydr has been open. It truly is a hidden gem and in my opinion is the best restaurant in Swansea. Lovely ambience, tasteful and understated decor. We are going again on Saturday and I can't wait!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rhondda Cynon Taf, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went to Pant-y-Gwydr for a couples meal. Food was amazing and service was top notch ! We ordered Frogs Legs, Snails and Mussels, all very tasty and beautifully presented. Followed by a Beef Casserole and Lamb casserole, very tasty and rich.
Wonderful evening!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“C'est magnifique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Well slap my thighs and call me Mable! This has to be the true hidden gem in the whole of Swansea. They have succeeded where others have tried and failed! Top service, food and value for money. Forget other so called 'Posh nosh' eateries and the trendy 'in places' as this one is the 'creme dela creme'! Such a change to have quality and value for money. Top dollar! Would recommend this to all my chums!

• Visited February 2014