1,200 results
All reviews marina view two double beds restaurant staff car park public areas city centre sea front reception staff stayed here for one night breakfast was excellent lovely location family room good nights sleep saturday night gower peninsula leisure facilities gym
Reviewed May 29, 2018

It's a while since I visited this restaurant, the three of us were seated at a table that the top wobbled constantly, we moved yourselves to another empty table as there were only a few other dinners,
The selection of starters and puddings were excellent my husband and friend had the Hammond which was nice but very thinly sliced like packet ham covered in a white sauce.
I had the chicken which was lovely all served with a good selection of fresh veg.
Cost £16 ×wine pp staff were friendly and helpful ,service was excellent
Only downside was the dirty windows and dark ceilings this place needs updating

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Pretty poor hotel for the price. Won't be returning. If you look through the other reviews, you see lots of other negative feedback, which I should of looked at first. My mistake but one I won't repeat

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Serban V, Front Office Manager at Swansea Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Dear paul m,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Swansea Marriott Hotel and providing your honest feedback on the TripAdvisor Website.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this issues from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Swansea.

SERBAN VODA
Front Office Manager
Swansea Marriott Hotel

Reviewed May 25, 2018

This hotel is currently under going some sort of outside refurbishment but it did nothing to deter the friendliest of all of the staff. Hotel is old but the room we had was very clean and we could not fault it. Good view from our room of the ocean front, just a pity the weather prevented us from being able to take a walk along the beach. Value for money and a very comfortable hotel. We had dinner and breakfast in the dining room a couple of drinks in the bar and could not fault the food at any time or the excellent service provided throughout. Definitely would stay again.

Room tip: We were next to the lift as we had a lot of luggage, we could hear it but not to an annoying level.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark and Rose K
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was terrible. Turned up and my shower had hair in it and hair on the side of the sink. Much better hotels to stay in. Very sad went up their for my daughters 18 birthday to celebrate and they said she doesn’t fit for ‘Marriott’ standards of the hotel. Absolute joke

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank MartinG01
Serban V, Front Office Manager at Swansea Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2018

Dear MARIE,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Swansea Marriott Hotel and providing your honest feedback on the TripAdvisor website.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent the issues you encountered during your stay from occurring in the future.

SERBAN VODA
Front Office Manager
Swansea Marriott Hotel

Reviewed May 25, 2018

So I find myself on the second floor of the Swansea Marriott this week. Getting here, well, easy enough to find and has a car park although signage a tad confusing " Have you paid and displayed?" but no machines. Sorted at check in no need, reception looks OK and you can see through to bar and restuarant which both look nice. Staff at the desk very pleasant and proffesional. The room; all ok thanks very much, huge big TV, desk, comfy bed with more pillows than you need which is a must. Desk, easy chair and a decent size bathroom. All clean so no worries there at all.

So location, just yards from the beach and given it was very hot I went for a run. Plenty of people about and all seemed very relaxed and friendly just the job after a days graft. All good so far. Onto dinner, so staff in the restuarant were great, very attentitive to your needs. I opted for a Asian sounding chicken dish, which was very good and price wise on par with the other major chains. Breakfast was also excellent, staff couldnt do enough.

Any issues, well to keep the review constructive I think bits are looking a bit tired, but given there is scaffolding everywhere maybe its under refurb, but look dont let that out you off, its a nice place, I like it, in fact Im going back next week. If they had marmite at breakfast it would be spot on. Oh almost forgot I couldnt figure the wifi which I thought was free for Marriott reward members.

Enjoy

Room tip: Right on the beach and close enough to city if you wanted to go in
  • Trip type: Traveled on business