1,168 results
All reviewstwo double bedsmarina viewrestaurant staffcar parkpublic areascity centrereception areasea frontstayed here for one nightreception stafflovely locationbreakfast was excellentfamily roomsaturday nightgower peninsulaweddinggym
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The young Blond Male receptionist (nick i think), was just about the rudest receptionist i have ever met, gave me a terrible room, which i changed within 5 minutes, on check out i stood at reception quietly waiting to check out, Nick was playing with the card machine did not look up or acknowledge that i was there (even the young lady behind the desk, although dealing with someone else, did not acknowledge that i was there), but, when the phone range he answered it!!!!!, whilst i was still standing there!, both myself and my colleague were appalled. if this is the type of reception you get, why on earth would you want to know what the rest of the service is going to be like. Shocked and appalled at the lack of manners. The room was ok, as was the breakfast. Marriott management take note!

Room Tip: dont take room 216, it has a noise in the bathroom, like a lawn mower starting up.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank loon123
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott for our Xmas dinner dance, the hotel was lovely and so were the staff, but the food was the worst food we've ever had, it was a Xmas 3 course meal, the starter of pâté was disgusting, the main meal was turkey one tiny thin slice( not enough to feed a child) the roasties soggy and frozen veg, it really couldn't have been worse, the dessert was sickly cheap profiteroles, total waste of money, so we will not be going back for our Xmas dinner dance this year! The only good thing about it was the entertainment and the breakfast! I wouldn't go back if they offered it to me free of charge!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I've been staying here regularly for a number of years and I am always impressed with the way standards have been maintained to a high level. Friendly, professional staff, immaculately clean and well equipped rooms and good quality, nicely presented food !
The hotel is very conveniently placed for the town, marina and the esplanade, and has a large secure car park.
For me, it's the ONLY place to stay when visiting Swansea !

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rotiel321
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Excellent hotel, lovely location, free car park, friendly staff. Room had 2 double beds. Lovely view over the marina.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Stayed here for one night only after dining in Mumbles for the evening. The hotel provides spacious, very clean, comfortable accomodation. The staff are very eager to please and friendly. In the morning we dined in the restaurant and had breakfast, this is served buffet style. There is a wide selection to choose from and I can highly recommend the full Welsh breakfast. After breakfast my husband and I took a short stroll along the Swansea Bay promenade on a beautiful sunny morning, it was lovely. It made our weekend very special indeed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple