“Cosy, friendly, lovely!”
Review of Maddocks' - CLOSED

Maddocks'
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Maddocks' Tea Room is now closed. We would like to thank visitors for their custom, support and kind words over the last 6 years. We will treasure many happy moments spent in the Tea Room with our customers. We are looking forward to our retirement together. Maddocks' Tea Room on the Gower Peninsula. We are all about using the best quality ingredients and wherever possible local produce. All items are homemade and freshly prepared on our premises. We offer warm friendly service and traditionally cooked cakes, pastries, breakfasts, luncheon items and afternoon teas. Maddocks' Tea Room is the perfect place on Gower to enjoy a hearty meal or delicious cakes with quality leaf teas and freshly ground coffees. Many customers stock up on a favourite cake or sandwich item before setting out on a lengthy coastal ramble along the cliffs to one of the nearby sandy beaches including Three Cliffs bay or to relax and 'refuel' for their journey home.
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Cosy place, very friendly staff, lovely cup of tea.

Not keen on whisky but the fresh welsh whisky welshcakes are amazing! A new fave of mine! Can't wait to go back for more!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Dropped by Maddocks on a cold Nov day to a very warm welcome and indeed faultless service throughout. The baked potato with hot melted cheese was one of the best I've had in recent times. Just thought the price were on the very high side.

1  Thank JeffandLes
Reviewed October 2, 2013

we have eaten here many times the staff are very good ,the place is always clean, and the food first class. must be one of the best around

2  Thank bri1846
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Having recently moved to the Gower and based on the glowing TA reviews, we visited Maddocks' a few Thursdays ago. The service was indeed welcoming, friendly and efficient. The tea room itself is well laid out with a good selection of tempting looking cakes, pastries etc. on display. My partner ordered the beef pie served with new potatoes, veg and gravy and was delicious. I had the pasty which was somewhat underwhelming: heavy on crust and light on filling. I mistakenly asked for it served with salad (rather than veg) assuming it would be a side salad. Instead, I had a huge plateful of salad that was served lacking in finesse and presentation (huge wedges of tomato and thickly cut cucumber which was reminiscent of the 1970s). I hate to be overly critical and feel that it deserves better than an average rating but less than a very good (why there isn't a "good" rating on TA has always been a puzzle to me). Maybe we chose an off day as the other reviews are at odds with our experience I'm sorry to say.

3  Thank cargriff
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I've visited here a few times, the staff are always warm and friendly. The food is great, made to order, very fresh. Great cakes, desserts and specials. Nothing is too much trouble. The opening hours could be extended. They also sell tasteful gifts.