“Terrible waitress and service.”
Review of Eddie Rockets - CLOSED

Eddie Rockets
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been to Eddie rockets a few times before, the food isn't great but, some meals I have enjoyed. However, I went to Eddie rockets in Swansea yesterday with my friend, I ordered a 'Meatball sub' which I was looking forward to, as every other time I've tried ordering it they have run out of meatballs. So, for once it actually came out, the 'sub' was literally tinned meatballs in tomato sauce poured over a long roll, it was embarrassing that I was willing to pay £6 for such a disgraceful meal.
I wasn't checked by the waitress that was working so went up to the bar and said 'I really don't like the meatballs, can I order something else? And if I really have to I will pay for another meal' I said this out of me not wanting to be an absolute dramatic fool about things. She didn't ask me at all what the problem was and just said 'ok' so I sat back down at my table, she came over, saw that I had only eaten a corner of the meal and still didn't ask me what the problem was. She then brought out another meal and I was more satisfied with than the meatballs.
Me and my friend finished up our meals and went to pay, the woman then asked 'so who is paying for the hot dog and meatballs?' To which the response my friend gave was 'she actually has to pay for that?' And the waitress said 'well she didn't say there was anything wrong with it, sorry babes' I looked at this woman and said 'what was wrong with it was that it was tinned meatballs!' She said nothing and I paid for the meal. I was disgusted by this woman's attitude, I have worked as a waitress for nearly 4 years and never once have I said to a customer that hasn't liked their meal that they have to pay for it. I was so unhappy with my experience there that I have felt the need to put this up, I don't tend to moan about places but that was the worst experience I've ever had with a rude, uninterested waitress.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been to Eddie rockets many times in the last couple of years. The portions are huge, although I don't like chips my friends have to share a portion of chips between 2 sometimes 3. I highly recommend their burger and chicken tenders. There Subs and Hotdogs are also good but not as great as other things on the menu.

I love the dukebox on the table, picking your favourite songs to have on while you eat is great! I save up my 20p's in the weeks before when I know I am going. :)

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Being a student I go here regularly with friends and we always leave satisfied. At first glance you'd think things are rather overpriced but the portion sizes are HUGE so could easily be shared between 2 people, 1 portion of fries and a hot dog could easily be shared between two people. I must agree with one bad review below on the onion rings - they aren't the best and are rock solid as well as being larger than my head so increasingly difficult to eat.
I absolutely love the milkshakes here too (aero being my favourite).
Staff are always friendly to my friends and I AND it's open late hours (ideal after a night out for a late night snack or hangover breakfast haha!)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Despite vouching never to return to Eddie Rockets after several poor meals there, I was enticed by what seemed a reasonably priced Living Social voucher. Deluded, I thought this deal could have been part of a master plan from the management, the final piece in a planned revival of a chain that had hit its nadir and remained there several years ago.

I was wrong.

The burgers are so bad it beggars belief. The meat is dense and tough, with the flavour of a budget supermarket burger. They are served in a bun you would normally expect at a burger van. That is not to speak ill of burger vans, for they offer far superior food to this place, as I'm sure does any establishment in Swansea that slaps meat between two pieces of bread.

The supporting acts were nearly as poor. The onion rings were fried for so long that they could well have been used as deadly weapons. The fries tasted of old oil, though in fairness the powerful garlic mayo did a reasonable job of masking this.

The milkshake was they only thing I finished. It was decent, but nowhere near decent enough to earn a reprieve from this review.

The service was okay, though I detected a somewhat downbeat vibe, particularly from the chef who seemed to somehow transfer this feeling to his food. Not sure how appropriate an open kitchen is if your chef hates his job.

Then again I'm sure how appropriate a chef is if he can't cook onion rings in a deep fat fryer.

It really is a shame as the decor and overall theme of the place is pretty good. However, the food really is better at traditional fast food chains such as McDonald's and Burger King. Then there are decent burger chains such as GBK leave which leave this place in their wake. Eddie Rockets is a million miles away.

2  Thank SwanseaMac
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Great food
Excellent service
Reasonable prices
I'm already addicted with their food with loud music lol.
Lots of burgers and drinks served witha big smile