“Best cafe in Swansea”

Cafe TwoCann
Ranked #39 of 646 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe TwoCann is a cafe by day and restaurant by night. Owned and run by Catherine and Dennis Cann, the cafe has gone from strength to strength since its opening in 2007. The focus on fresh well presented food and excellent service attracts many to the prestigious Swansea waterfront development. Situated in one of the original dock buildings of SA1. Cafe TwoCann enjoys commanding views across the award winning Sail Bridge. Designed with simple elegance and modern comforts (like free WiFi), the interiors make subtle use of natural stone and wood to reflect the influences of this historical building. Cafe TwoCann has recently been included in the 2017 Good Food Guide as one of the best new entries.
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Best cafe in Swansea”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This cafe is in an old industrial building, owned by Mr and Mrs Cann - hence the name! The cafe has a great buzz and also sells a small selection of jewelry and accessories. The food is freshly made and prices are reasonable. The cafe is licensed. All in all a win win!

Visited October 2012

Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
“One of the best cafe/restaurants in Swansea”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been here on several occasions and every time the food and service have been fantastic. There is a set menu of 2/3 courses. The menu changes every month and although it is not a massive menu, there is plenty of variety. The couple that run and own the restaurant provide an excellent service and always come over to say hello. The waitress staff are friendly and efficient. I can not honestly think of any bad points about this place. So get out and pay it a visit, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited May 2012
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“A real find”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I were spending a night at the Premier Inn a hundred metres away, also in the Swansea Waterfront area. Booked a slot for 6:45pm, so only £15 for three courses. Superb food - interesting things like hake and lava bread mousse as a starter, pigeon and lentil dish for the main course. Top class. Friendly staff and owners, so much so that we went back for coffee the following morning. Keep up the good work!

• Visited October 2012
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Chilled atmosphere , tasty , good quality,affordable food !! We will definitely go back !”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The "trio" have previously visited Cafe TwoCann on numerous occasions , all of which have been very successful daytime dining visits.The "trio" consists of myself ( in my 40's) . grampa who's in his late 70's and of course my lovely daughter who is now 10 and 1/2.
TwoCann is situated within the SA1 development of Swansea in a renovated red brick "J shed" building , the interior is also red brick , however there is always an intimate "cwtchy" feel to the place.Within the Cafe , there are the dining tables , a fire which is great in our cold welsh winters , leather sofas , and jewellery glass display stands alongside one side of the Cafe.Welsh slate products , bags , umbrellas etc are also for sale.Sounds a bit of a mish mash ? well no , it works, it looks stylish and it means I can combine two of my many passions ....... shopping and eating !
I've wanted to visit TwoCann at night , and Friday the 12th of Oct was it !!
Myself and my boyfriend booked a table last minute, and off we went !!
We both went for a £16.95 two course menu choice.
Plenty of choice for starters , mains and desserts ... ( 3 courses cost < £20).
I chose the broad bean pate on bruchetta with sheeps cheese and mint .... I don't normally like broad beans but this was absolutely gorgeous ...... thoroughly enjoyed. My boyfriend ordered a duck , beetroot , apple and celeriac salad ..... loved it , but would've enjoyed it even more if the duck had been served warm.
For mains , we had a very satsfying plate of home made beef burger with caramelised onion in a ciabatta with salad and sauteed potatoes , I went for the vegetarian burger which , was equally tasty ( and huge !!).The waitresses were great , and were very patient with us when we trying to decide what delicious food we wanted ... we also had a complimentary dish of 3 vegetables to share between us , including shredded sweet red cabbage which was fab.
I had two glasses of " Googly" an Australian Chardonnay and then lattes for us both - lovely.
The atmosphere was very relaxed , chilled , great for us as a " couple" , however if you wanted to meet up with friends / family , also recommended.
Accessiblility for wheelchair users not a problem , as there is a ramp leading to TwoCann and once inside the " J shed" all on one level.
Its worth looking up online to see what the place actually looks like ....
We had a lovely evening, we both thoroughly enjoyed and will definitely be returning ,they are already displaying November's menu and it looks amazing.
My only whinge ? If you walked past TwoCann you wouldn't know it was there !! There is no visible signage at all , it could be deliberate , but tell people you're there !!

• Visited October 2012
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
“Lovely little welshcakes!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Good food, nice surroundings, friendly staff..... You can also do your Christmas shopping here as they have quite a selection of tasteful gifts dotted about. Looking forward to sampling their evening restaurant menu as it's a cracking place for lunch. I particularly like their chicken caesar salad and love the way that their coffees are served with a miniature welsh cake on the side.

Visited October 2012