“First Visit - Simply the best in Swansea” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rose Indienne

Rose Indienne
Ranked #91 of 640 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Visit - Simply the best in Swansea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

After hearing a lot of good, and reading some of the many reviews here, myself and my partner decided to try the Rose last night. We were warmly greeted and taken to our table promptly. The interior of the restaurant was to a very high class and the whole place seemed to create a very fine dining experience. Drinks orders were taken quickly and starters arrived promptly. I opted for lal mas fish and Pilau rice, my husband decided to have what they call a flaming duck curry! Our food was the best we ever had, very different to the many Indian restaurants we have tried. to finish the night we had some nice Irish coffee for deserts. the whole experience was delightful, staff exceptionally friendly and warm. the interior of the restaurant looks like it should be in the west end of London, the toilets are no different to a five star hotel. There was nothing negative at all and I think I've just found my favourite Indian restaurant in Swansea.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Samantha P

South Wales
“Cold food, quite ordinary otherwise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went to this restaurant as we'd been told that it was the best indian restaurant in Swansea.
It was fairly quiet when we arrived, and we ordered and the drinks and popadums arrived promptly, however I was not that impressed with the popadums, they were a bit soft. We asked the waiter to recommend something special and my husband ordered a king prawn dish and I ordered lamb shank. It looked good and came with mashed potato, but when I tried the potato it was lukewarm, I then tried the lamb which was hot on the outside but stone cold in the inside- so I sent it back. The waiter said that they had no more lamb shanks and offered to reheat it in a pan, but I didn't want to risk it not being properly reheated, so I opted for a lamb shashlik instead- which was hot, but the meat tasted as though it had been cooked before and had been reheated. My husband's king prawns were OK- a bit bland, and I think they were frozen as they had that rubbery texture you get with freezing, given that this was the most expensive dish on the menu I thought they should have been tastier.
So, we ended up eating our meals at different times- as my husband had finished his by the time my shashlik arrived, and the food wasn't very good either.
The waiter did offer me a glass of wine or a coffee on the house, however I declined because I was driving, and I don't drink coffee at night.
They didn't take anything off the bill- and in fact I was suprised that 4 popadums and chutneys came to over £5.
I doubt we'd ever go there again- it certainly cannot be the best Indian restaurant in Swansea!

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“stunning food! amazing Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

First time visit here on a friday afternoon, the place was quiet busy. was warmly greeted and shown to our table. the menu was bit long decided to try some rose grilled specialities. the food when it came was really really nice. both myself and my partner agreed this to be one our best indian meals ever. good drinks selection too. Ambience was nice, beautiful class decor and friendlyy service. overall an excellent experience. highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Malcolm J
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“The Best in Swansea - Pure Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

went here with a group of eight. we were warmly greeted to our table which we had booked in advance. The décor of the place was really beautiful and The restaurant seemed to ooze elegance from the style and interior . the menu was extensive and had a good seafood selection. the king prawn was a delight and the naan nice and soft. everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal and we were treated to complimentary drinks afterwards too. a splendid evening in the best indian I've been to in Swansea. judging from how busy the place was I can see this is a firm favourite for many , and I too will no doubt visit again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Steffan D
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Good Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Meals are excellent, service was good when we arrived but as the night wore on, the service got slower and and the service in the end left a lot to be desired.

• Visited July 2013