“The Best in Swansea - Pure Class”
Review of Rose Indienne

Rose Indienne
Ranked #95 of 671 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

went here with a group of eight. we were warmly greeted to our table which we had booked in advance. The décor of the place was really beautiful and The restaurant seemed to ooze elegance from the style and interior . the menu was extensive and had a good seafood selection. the king prawn was a delight and the naan nice and soft. everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal and we were treated to complimentary drinks afterwards too. a splendid evening in the best indian I've been to in Swansea. judging from how busy the place was I can see this is a firm favourite for many , and I too will no doubt visit again.

3  Thank Steffan D
There are newer reviews for Rose Indienne

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Meals are excellent, service was good when we arrived but as the night wore on, the service got slower and and the service in the end left a lot to be desired.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Last night, I took my Mum and son to rosé Indienne for a birthday treat for my mother. We have been to this restaurant many times before and have always highly rated it for quality of food and excellent service. Parking is difficult around the restaurant . But we've always thought the dining experience to be worth it.

Last night though has put us off returning. I ordered my favourite curry ,lamb dopiaza. I was served chicken instead. I tried for ages to attract a waiters attention when he finally noticed and I explained the problem, he took it away. Five minutes(yes five minutes) later her returned with the curry I'd ordered. It was tasteless and to be honest I've had better from Tesco takeaway. I asked my son why he'd left so much of his jalfrezi and he said it was bland and disappointing. My intention was to share our concerns, but no one approached us to ask if everything was ok. I felt embarrassed as this was not the birthday treat I had promised my mother.

No one came at all to ask if everything was ok. My son and mother had wine. It sounds petty but this is an expensive restaurant,no one offered to top them up or ask if they required another bottle.

Service at this restaurant used to be excellent. Several waiters stood by and watched as my mum (79 years young) struggled with her coat.

What a let down!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This has been the inlaw's favorite restaurant for years, but this was my first visit, We were a party of 11 people celebrating our son's 18th birthday.

The visit was at 7pm on a Sunday - the place was empty.

Big trays of complimentary tasters (left overs from earlier buffet) Tasty but cold.

I had Kochi Murgh, one of my favorite dishes, asked for a couple of extra chillies but was given vindaloo sauce, which ruined the dish, not too spicy but ruined the taste.

Keema rice was also a disappointment. dry and tasteless.

My wife was also disappointed and has been feeling sick since the day after.

Our Son was also disappointed.

I have been enjoying Indian restaurants for over 20 years and this experience, was unfortunately one of the worst ones.

Maybe it was because it was a Sunday evening after the Buffet meal.

Don't think i'll try it again, to be honest my belly has been a bit dodgy too, bearing in mind I have an iron stomach something must have been wrong.

Don't want to give a bad review as I have heard so many good things, Just be aware and maybe avoid Sunday NIghts.

I was planning an office doo to the place, now I have to reconsider.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Have had numerous meals at (and takeaways from) the Rose over the last few years and have always had excellent food and good service. On our visit last week though, the atmosphere seemed to have changed, as we felt rushed throughout the meal. The staff seemed a bit too eager to take our order; given the extensive and varied menu, one does need some time to choose. Food was up to the usual standard though.