“Great food,sloppy service!”

Ranked #104 of 685 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Booked table for 8 of us on a Saturday night. Shown to our table quickly and given menus...ordered drinks which came quickly. We had poppadoms and dips and then our mains were served. It was after this that the staff seemed to switch off, had to call someone for more drinks. Food was authentic and very good. It was over 45mins before anyone cleared a plate and that was after we asked for the dessert menu. Another 40mins before anyone noticed we wanted anything...by this time we wanted the bill and to go home.We were offered complimentary drinks when we complained and we had coffees. We asked for the bill but it took them over half an hour to bring it.We gave them the payment but they did not bring the chasnge! By this time we had had enough and we left...they gained a £7.00 tip. Had we tipped for good service it would have been considerably more.
Lovely food,but I won't go back in a hurry!

1  Thank Gowergal

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We visited on a busy bank hol Sunday after booking late that afternoon. The decor is modern and stylish. We ordered a Biryani, chicken Shashlick and naan bread and they were all exceptionally good dishes. I don't understand what some reviewers issues have been with either the price of the food or drinks - both seemed totally average and not overpriced at all to us. The only thing that let the evening down was the service - our waiter was distinctly distant and not exactly welcoming but he seemed exaggeratedly friendly with "locals" that frequent the restaurant regularly. That's a minor criticism though as overall the quality of the meal outweighed the dis interested service!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

After the head waiter brought me the wrong dessert, I requested what I had originally ordered, he the proceeded to bring out a completely different dessert again. After explaining twice that I had been brought the wrong dessert, they decided to tell me they didn't have what I had ordered in stock. Instead I was suggested another dessert, still partially frozen and half the size. They did offer me a free drink to compensate but after seeing the size of the bill I was a little disheartened.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We took our 13 year old, i thought this was a great place for him to try all sorts of indian foods. I WOULD CONSIDER TAKING MY WHOLE FAMILY THERE.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Waited 40 mins for mains to arrive. Food is extortionate for what it is. Take a drink in with you the drinks here are an absolute rip off.

1  Thank jameshuk1977