“Life in the old dog yet”

Dynamic Rock Adventures
Ranked #40 of 121 things to do in Swansea
More attraction details
Owner description: Dynamic Rock is Swansea's only dedicated indoor climbing centre. We cater for all, from complete beginners to seasoned veterans! If you're looking to try something new, we offer taster sessions and introduction courses. For any younger climbers we have our Young Climber's Club sessions as well as birthday parties. Swansea is a great place to learn to climb, with a huge variety of rock climbing from the picturesque Gower to inland sandstone crags. South Wales has something to suit all types and ability of climber. Anyone wishing to learn to climb is welcome at Dynamic Rock, where we offer a safe and accessible introduction to the sport with entertaining climbing and expert instruction available. Outdoor options are also available with superb customer satisfaction guaranteed.
Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Life in the old dog yet”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I have always wanted to try an indoor climbing wall so finally gave dynamic rock a go. Despite my age (40+) the staff were patient, encouraging and very knowledgable which all combined to give a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
The taster session cost £16 but we had one to one instruction so not bad value for money.
Would consider going again.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Nigel H

Wales
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Visit to watch others”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Good facilities, experiences people on hand. Groups do use this venue so may be worth checking before you go how many peoplle are going to be there as it could be tight.

Suitable for most age groups kids and adults alike as they use harnesses to ensure safety on the walls.

Viewing galery and bar/cafe style area for anyone not wanting to participate...inform receptin you are solely viewing and then there is no charge.

Visited July 2012
Neath, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“great birthday party for my daughter”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

does not look much from outside but very impressed with the facilities inside and you can have a cuppa and a snack while watching the climbers from the upstairs cafe a good afternoon out

Visited September 2011
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“My son had a great time”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My son and I went to this place last minute as the weather was appalling. The staff where very friendly and explained everything to my son. I could see that my son was really enjoying himself and listening intently to the instructor and mixing with other kids of his age. I enjoyed a coffee in the cafe upstairs and it had a perfect vantage point to see my son reaching the top. I will be definitely going here again! it is also very reasonably priced and very professional.

Visited May 2012
South Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“good fun regardless of weather.”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Difficult to find a activity to suit four children between 12 and 18 that they would all enjoy.
This one ticked all the boxes. Reasonable cost and they all enjoyed. Staff friendly and would defintely go back. Only down side not a lot of parking spaces.

Visited June 2012