“Central location, ideal place for group of friends to eat”
Review of Mamma Mia

Mamma Mia
Ranked #118 of 685 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: AUTHENTIC ITALIAN CUISINE Our recently refurbished Swansea based restaurant is modern, warm and inviting. A lovely venue with a relaxed vibe, perfect for lunch, dinner or to celebrate that special occasion. Genuine Italian recipes and ingredients, combined with fresh local produce. Our team of friendly, well trained and knowledgeable waiters look forward to welcoming you. AN EXPERIENCED TEAM Restaurant owners Camelia, Alvaro and Emilio have been working together in the restaurant industry since 2001.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I visited Mamma Mias with a large group of friends. The staff were friendly and coped well with a large group. Most of the meals came to the table together. The menu had a good choice of pasta and various meat dishes, so there was something to please everyone. I had sea bass with a spicy mash which I found to be a bit overpowering with the fish. A few of my companions thought their pasta sauce was too spicy. Overall, I thought the food was fine, but not great.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went here for my graduation meal. This was my third visit and the quality was just as good. The lunch time deal is brilliant value for money and the salmon I had there is probably one of the nicest meals I have had. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Emmals1992
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My friend and i ate here whilst on a shopping trip in town. The restaurant was clean the staff were polite. Lots of things on the menu - plenty of choice. Food was pricey but i found the portions huge. The only negative thing i can say is that i gave up waiting to get the bill and went to pay at the till as the waiter disapeared mid meal. I would eat here again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited last Saturday with 2 others. Large menu selection of which I could happily have selected many of the menu items. Lots of chicken options but also lamb, sea bream, salmon plus many traditional Italian dishes and pizzas. Delicious bread basket - rosemary, walnut, sultana - and all really fresh. All 3 dishes chosen were very good - hot, tasty, generous portions. Pollo Mamma Mia was particularly good and the Rosemary potatoes were scrumptious. Garlic and chilli chicken with Parmesan chips was tasty and succulent and the tagliatelle carbonara with lemon chicken was beautifully soft and creamy. Yes, i did sample all 3. could not resist, they all looked so good. Loved the fact that I could have wholemeal pasta. Did not have room for my own dessert but the ice cream with espresso and Tia Maria was simple but delicious. The meal was good value for money too. The other customers were a mix of couples, small groups and 1 large group but there were plenty of staff to deal with everyone and the service was friendly, unobtrusive and fast. We will definitely be back. Have put very good for special occasions rather than excellent as it is a large open plan room with no real nooks or crannies for real privacy. I would choose this restaurant for a friends, adult family or group night out. Lots of choice, great food and efficient service. Would be fine for older children but did not see anything to keep really young kids amused....but then I was not really looking for it.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Mamma Mias at the end of May and we had the most amazing time! The food was great, and the staff were so lovely. One of the waiters got my drink wrong, once told he apologised many times before getting the right drink and apologising again! The time between meals is perfect, and your next meal wasn't given to you straight away so you had time to relax, because the meals were quite big! The cannaloni was some of the best I have ever had.
The atmosphere was great, and the tables arn't so close together that you worry that the other table can hear everything you say, I hate that haha.
If your looking for a lovely atmosphere, polite staff and great food, its a must. We will definitely be going back again! :)

1  Thank Bec M