“Lived up to our hopes”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Stratford-upon-Avon
“Lived up to our hopes”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Pub grub on the Gower is pretty basic, so we came here hoping for something better. We were not disappointed. The tuna sashimi was tasty and the vegetable tempura perfectly cooked. My wife's ramen noodles with vegetables, chicken and chilli was a generous serving with a perfect balance of flavours: too much for her, so it was a great hardship to help her out! My yakitori, skewers of grilled marinated chicken, were quite as good as those I have eaten in Kyoto. A dish of stir-fried mixed vegetables was also delicious and generous.

Wasabi looks a little tired on the outside, but don't be put off by that: it is clean and inviting inside, and the Japanese staff are, as one would expect, courteous, friendly and efficient. I wish they had a branch near us!

Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Brilliant place !”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and value for money . Love it here regularly visit good choice of food and efficient staff .

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 82Alison
“Didn't know they delivered!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Was going to order take away and found just eat.com ordered paid with card 25 minutes later it arrived! Fantastic sashimi ..fresh and cold very well presented and a noodle dish again superb and very hot.
Amazing delivery experience.

1 Thank Killay1
“Excellent find!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm down visiting family when some friends suggested food in Wasabi- I was not expecting to have good sushi in Swansea as I'm quite fussy, however, I was pleasantly surprised there was a variety of choice and it was delicious.

Newport, United Kingdom
“Wasabi has the best sushi ever”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I discovered this in January 2013 and I was living in the student village and craving some sushi late in the night and some after some google-ing, I went off in search of wasabi. Safe to say that I wasn't expecting much as the outside was a little shabby but I decided to go for it anyway. I walked in and because I didn't know what I was doing, the staff helped me as much as they could. The first thing I had from there was the ramen to takeaway and I can't remember which one it was, but it didn't not appeal at all because I've had authentic ramen before and this was not it. However, when I went back with one of my flatmates to try the sushi, I was blown away! The food was incredible, and the fish is fresh and tasty and everything is so beautiful.

I sincerely suggest getting everything to takeaway if you're tight on cash, because there's a 20% off when you order takeout.

Overall, this is the best sushi place I've ever been to and ever will!

• Visited January 2013