“Wasabi has the best sushi ever”
Review of Wasabi

Wasabi
Ranked #139 of 688 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I discovered this in January 2013 and I was living in the student village and craving some sushi late in the night and some after some google-ing, I went off in search of wasabi. Safe to say that I wasn't expecting much as the outside was a little shabby but I decided to go for it anyway. I walked in and because I didn't know what I was doing, the staff helped me as much as they could. The first thing I had from there was the ramen to takeaway and I can't remember which one it was, but it didn't not appeal at all because I've had authentic ramen before and this was not it. However, when I went back with one of my flatmates to try the sushi, I was blown away! The food was incredible, and the fish is fresh and tasty and everything is so beautiful.

I sincerely suggest getting everything to takeaway if you're tight on cash, because there's a 20% off when you order takeout.

Overall, this is the best sushi place I've ever been to and ever will!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Being only one of two choices anywhere south and west of cardiff for sushi, wasabi delivers the goods, im no japanese critic, but the food here is fresh and tasty, their bento box is a good place to start for beginners and plenty of sashimi and sushi variations and even shell fish to keep the most adventurous of eaters interested. the decor is simple and authentic. A few asian beers on offer too.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went here on a Tuesday night, super busy, but only had to wait 5 mins for a table, and we received three separate apologies for the wait!

We ordered a bento box selection, some gyoza dumplings and a pork katsu curry dish. All were served in less that 10 mins from ordering with the dumplings there within minutes.

The food was excellent and we were able to see food coming through to the large party next to us and that all looked amazing too!

The only complaint was that the pickled ginger on the side of the curry wasn't very strong flavoured, but if thats the only bad thing then it was a pretty good meal.

As a PS the Deep Fried Green Tea Ice Cream parcel - I'm sure it was lovely but super duper tea flavoured and very very weird - proceed with caution!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Have eaten here several times over the last few months and been meaning to write a review.

The dining experience is on a par with Wagamama's (communal bench style dining), although smaller tables are available.

Personal favourites are the battered squid and the seemingly never ending bowls of noodle soup ! Good sized portions and taste so fresh and healthy.

Service very prompt; food consistently good - overall the place is great value and handy for going on to the local bars or venturing further into the city centre.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

my veggie food tasted of fish obviously cooked in the same fat as the fish I did report to the waiter but did not get any explanation