The Times Hotel
  • Pool
$86
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
The White House(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$56
$58
$92
$83
  • Pool
Travelodge Swansea Central Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$63
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$71
PremierInn.com
$64
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
$99
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed with my work collegue because i was working in the area and found the place suited our needs perfectly. Breakfast started at 6.45 but we had to be at work by 7 am so the owners let us have breakfast earlier at 6.15 to give us chance to have breakfast and get to work which was very helpful, was offered a cheaper rate without breakfast but i enjoy breakfast so was offered the earlier time. The breakfast was delicious and for £20 each for an en-suite room what more could we ask for.
We had access to a pc and the owners were very friendly and nothing was to much trouble even faxing documents for us at no charge.
Will deffinately be back if working in Swansea again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
phillip t, Owner at The Times Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for your kind review and i am glad you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again if ever your back in the area. Best wishes and thanks.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

This Bed and breakfast is by far the worst place I have ever stayed costing 60 pounds for a 3 single bed room which was the size of my garden shed the milk and sugar was out of date and the plate it was left on was stinking, the bed covers were dirty, the carpet and lyno flooring was all coming up off the floor and underneath it was mould and damp. As I opened the window the stench from there rat infested and pigeon swamped back garden turned my stomach. Usually I would not go this far to say stay away however when the door was being banged down at 11 35 am saying wake the (--) up you have to be out by 12 by the owner I was angered. Unfortunately as I work for kgbdeals who specialise in travel and accommodation deals I will ensure this place NEVER appears on any of these sites as it was completely appalling. p.s the beds are flea infested

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Luke B
phillip t, Owner at The Times Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

The person who wrote this is seriously out of order the room was stinking but only after they left the place. They were noisy, up and down the stairs all night but seeing as it was new years night we said nothing. Booking out time is10.30 but we let them stay until 12 giving them a knock at 11.30 to wake them up but we didn,t swear at them.They chucked food and tomato sauce all over the place and had the cheak to say it was the worse night of his life......Seeing as he didnt go to bed till about 5.30 am ide hardly call it a night because he was out for most of it and was probably to drunk when he came in to remember anything. All of there party was messy. I agree the room is small but they were happy to take it when they booked in because it was a last minute booking, 4 was booked originally but 8 turned up, we only had the room because of a late cancelation but im sorry i took them because they were absolute pigs, fake tan over walls, ceiling lamps pulled out and lost keys. I am sick of having to defend myself when people behave abysmally and then have the cheak to complain. £20.00 per person is not expensive for a new years eve night we don't double our prices like some places. I am not going to apologise for him not enjoying his stay it should be him apologising to us for his and his partys terrible behaviour. Our cctv shows them running up and down the stairs running riot maybe he should look at himself before critisising others........He says he works for Kgbdeals......HIS EMPLOYERS WOULD BE APPALLED IF THEY SAW HIS BEHAVIOUR

Reviewed December 4, 2011

We spent 2 nights at The Times Hotel, last week and we totally enjoyed our stay. We had a very warm welcome and was happy with our room, breakfast was lovely, place was clean and the owners very friendly, looking forward to revisiting soon!!! Have read some of the bad reviews and to be honest they can not be more further from the truth, a friendly, cheep and welcoming place to stay what more could you want ?, maybe if they tried the hotel a few doors down like we did then their review would be understandable and correct.

Room Tip: Fantastic view from room 10 !!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
phillip t, Owner at The Times Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind words, it was a pleasure having you stay with us shame the weather wasn't better.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

As soon as I walked into the hotel, I thought 'ok give it a chance, looks a bit shabby but it is a place to stay' I knew it wasn't a 5 star b and b or even a 4 or 3 star but i didnt expect the folowing. We were given our key and made our way up to room 6................more like 666!! We walked into the room and mixed feelings took over me! Shocked, disgusted, appauled, taken back of how shabby it actually was and how dirty everything is!! I immediately opened the windows as it smelt damp and instantly turned my stomach, but going to open the windows there was brown dirt marks all over the seal and window frame, god knows what it was!! The glasses looked like they had just been swilled out and not washed properly, hairs all over the toilet seat and in the shower area, bath was actually peeling on the bottom, dust was everywhere and I mean everywhere, around the sink, on the lamp, on the dash table, on the kettle...........I had to laugh at the wardrobe, if you would have hung up even a sock I think it would have collapsed there and then. Only one handle was still fully intack, the others were either broken or fallen off, pieces of wood was missing from it and it didnt even look like it had been put together properly. The wall paper was coming away from the walls and they have been so lazy with decorating they painted around a picture on the wall! After all this I checked the sheets and they seemed to be clean and changed, but after sitting on the bed to try and get my head around how awful it was, the carpet was awful, stains and I do believe ash from cigarettes or something. I knew instantly this was not a place I wanted to stay in, however as there was such a large party of us I didnt want to seem like a stuck up cow and go else where. Yes ok it is £20 a night but there is no excuse for poor cleanliness!! Every party member did say that they were not impressed with the standard of cleanliness of their rooms but our was by far the worst. Coming from the same industry, I was (as said earlier) shocked and appauled that the owners let their rooms out in that state. We did see that they had a 4star rating for health and hygiene but there was no way any of us where going to even attempt breakfast, if the rooms are the way they are what does the kitchen look like?!?!?! The lady (who I guessed owned it, and check us in) was lovely and inviting but I didnt tell her as we were in a large party, Swansea were playing Man U that night so another hotel / place to stay was out of the question, so I had to grit my teeth and bare it, 8am after I night out I was up and ready as wanted to get out of the place ASAP! I will NEVER EVER be staying there again!!! I warn all people who like clean places to stay, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank neddyden
phillip t, Owner at The Times Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

The group that stayed here were fine and most had breakfast with one couple coming down late but was still offered breakfast but only wanted coffee. The couple that had room 6 which was a small triple room did leave early saying her partner drank to much and she was polite in saying she had to get him home and she enjoyed her night out. The real reason i believe for her complaint is she wanted a double but we only had this room which is at the end of a corridor away from the rest of the party. Nobody had been smoking in that room so there was not ash on carpet smoking is not allowed but some do smoke but the rooms are hoovered. The bath has a small chip in the emamel near the plug hole which shows the black metal and it was sprayed with enamel paint but it flaked away it was not dirt but i apologise for that, The bathroom was not dirty and theres no black around the window. As for all the other coments that she made then if it was that bad why did she not tell us ? There was plenty of vacancies down here the football dosn't give us much trade because the fans tend to use the bigger hotels....Next door had vacancies so she could have went there we would have appologised if what she said was true and given her a full refund after inspecting the room with her. Why she said nothing i do not know but all i can do is appologise. Her remarks have been noted but she should have told us right away so that we could have rectified any problems she may have had. We do try and make our customers welcome and cater for all there needs, all they have to do is ask. We tend to find with large bookings that if one room is not as nice or the view is not as nice as the others they complain but we don't have all doubles with good views and the group were told that one of the rooms was a twin, thats all we can do is tell them whats what when they book but as ive said her remarks have been noted.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

I would not advise anybody to stay here! I wasnt expecting a 5* b n b, but I was expecting it to be clean. Its very old fashioned and grubby. A group of us went down and between we had 4 rooms. Not one was clean. We had two sea view rooms and two rooms at the back of the building. The sea view rooms were much better. They were bigger and the view was good. However, they were noisy due to the road and very drafty. The bathrooms were also slightly nicer. BUT... the other two rooms were awful. The bathroom light didn't work, the toilet seat was dirty and there wasn't even a hand towel in any room. The view out the window was horrific! Pigeons rightoutside the window all day and night so the window couldnt be opened. There was pigeon faeces on the outside window sill and feathers on the inside of our window sill.
The whole b'nb had a funny dirty/stale smoke smell about it. The bed red bed sheets and peach quilt covers were old but looked clean enough from what we could see. Breakfast was only served from 8-8.30 am and was OK. The pink and burgandy table clothes had dried egg yoke and grease on them and hadnt been washed in a long while.
Making a cup of tea in the room was not an option. The kettle was stuck to the shelf, was brown inside and the single teabag there was dusty and old. I can honeslty say I could not leave fast enough. I felt dirty just being there.

On the plus side, there was a decent TV in all the rooms, free parking outside on the weekend, a small taxi ride to the centre, and well, thats it.

Room Tip: If your life depends on it and you absolutely have to stay here, choose a sea view room. Its bigger and brighter and has a view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rachtippo
phillip t, Owner at The Times Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

These girls had 4 rooms and they were not dirty. They were noisy playing loud music on the digital televisions hence the coment about the tvs being good. Towels and soap are available in reception and there is a sign there stating this, infact one of the girls came down asking for 3 towels and soap and was given these i even asked if she wanted more. Sometimes we let triple rooms go as singles so we dont put towels in the rooms because they all tend to get used if occupied by a single occupancy. There is a problem with pidgeons on Oystermouth road and we are doing our best to address the problem but there is no feathers in the rooms. As for the table cloth being dirty the table in question had been used by another guest and we quickly reset the table to accomodate our other guests, a mistake on our part in missing the stain and for this i appologise but as soon as all our guests had left the cloths were changed. They all had breakfast except 1 who stayed in bed and after they finished their breakfast they went back upstairs (so much for couldnt wait to get away from the place). 2 of the girls brought a boy back without paying for him and pushed the beds together to accomodate him making a mess in the process. We never complained to the girls or asked for payment for the boy. We even ordered a taxi for them and they waited in the bar until it came, At all times we were curtious and polite so why they felt the need to leave a bad review is beyond us but there comments are duly noted.