“Gorgeous home cooked food and lovely owners!”
Review of Poundffald Inn

Poundffald Inn
Ranked #186 of 645 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Singapore, Singapore
“Gorgeous home cooked food and lovely owners!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We visit the Poundffald every time we visit South Wales and we are never disappointed! Keith is the excellent owner and always has a warm welcome for us. The food is wonderful, using fresh, local produce and the specials are exactly that! It's especially lovely in the summer with the beer garden in full bloom! It's very child-friendly too! Give it a try and I am sure you will not be disappointed!

Neath, United Kingdom
“Limited”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a country pub with a lot of character and what food I had was very good. We had the dog so we were limited to eating in the bar which is great, I would never expect to take the dog in a restaurant. However, the menu in the bar was extremely limited and completely different to the restaurant menu. I cannot understand the difference in serving the food that is available in the restaurant and not the bar. Whilst the staff were very friendly, they seemed to evade the question. Thats all we wanted was lunch and have the same selection that was available in the restaurant. Very bizarre. As I said earlier, the food was very good, reasonably priced and well worth a visit,

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Excellent again”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have now eaten twice at The Poundffald and each time has been first class. The service is excellent, friendly and welcoming, the food is tasty and homecooked and not over priced and the inn still preserves a pub atmosphere rather than being a restaurant. Nice real ale is a bonus. Set in lovely countryside near Swansea we will definately call again.

Birmingham
“Dreadful service and systemsThere”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

There didn't 't seem to be any systems in place at all!
One person told me to sit down and they would come to the table for drinks and food orders. Meanwhile I saw other people were getting drinks from the bar so I went and ordered drinks but was told to sit down and he would take our order for food. I did this meanwhile the dozy guy served others drinks and then disappeared to the other side of the bar, staring into space. So I went and asked him if he was going to take our order. "Oh yes,"
Order taken, food arrived about 20 mins later. Two steaks. Would you like sauces? 5 mins later sauces arrive. Oh I'll get you lamb now. Gee thanks love. The other two are half way through theirs. I would like a sauce but wasn't asked. I did ask for drinks though. Reply "oh you can't ask m e for drinks... I don't think so and walks off. 15 minutes later is seen serving behind the bar. Down here for a weeks hols if I find a good place I stick with it this lot don't know their beer mats from their sachets of sauces
i was tempted to walk outand go the chippy. My advise don't bother going.

1 Thank flossie1250
swansea
“Very slow service , food ok”
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

As title says, we ate at lunchtime and it wasn't particularly busy. The service at bar was slow and the food took a long time. The food is freshly cooked but still shouldn't take that long with a bit of prep!

Good deal on lunch menu if you spot it before you order, staff didn't point it out to us at time of order but luckily most of us e had chosen a main course from the special 2 course deal so they let us have the dessert.