“Wonderful.”

Garuda Indonesian Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 694 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The only Indonesian restaurant in Wales which has been open since 2000. The chef, ani, is originally from Medan in Sumatra.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Superb food, always fresh and totally packed with perfectly combined flavours.
I have been many times and have never been disappointed.
The small restaurant is simple and pleasant and lets the food do the talking.
Very hospitable and friendly staff and excellent service.
There is a 'bring your own' drink policy which helps us credit crunched folk.
Plenty for vegetarians, I suggest the gado gado (a must have) and tempeh dishes with egg noodles (far more than your basic noodle and a meal in itself).
Meat eaters will love the beef samur and yellow bean dishes and my sons favourite is the red curry.
The sambal dishes are 'blasting' but the heat is balanced by the flavours and are a must if you like your food spicy.
Suggest order a few dishes and share them as all are so different.
Also suggest that you book ahead especially on weekends as the little place gets so full.
Easily the best restaurant in Swansea in my opinion and the best indonesian food that I have had anywhere.
Yum Yum!.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

When my friends suggested this restaurant I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but they reassured me that I was in for a treat as they had been before and really enjoyed it. They were right - the food was delicious (I had the soup to start followed by Beef Semur, but had to try the other three starters and main courses!!) and the setting small but cosy and friendly. The byob policy is nice and helps to keep the costs very reasonable. I look forward to my next visit to Garuda and maybe next time will have room for dessert!

2  Thank Marton_Billy
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Visited last night with boyfriend after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. The place was full with a friendly atmosphere helped by the warm and unintrusive waiting staff. The decor is simple, making it all about the food. We both ordered the FIERY beef rendang with plain rice. My partner and I both enjoy hot food and felt that this was probably our heat limit. Delicious nonetheless, and made more digestible by the addition of yoghurt that was kindly brought out. The meal proved to be good value because of the bring-your-own-bottle policy. All in all a great dining experience and one I'll try to repeat as soon as possible.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Booked last night after reading the reviews on trip advisor. This was lucky because I doubt we would've found it any other way! The food was excellent and the service was friendly and attentive without being fussy.

We had the Kambal and Satay starters to share which were really good followed by two different prawn curries which were excellent. A rice was shared which was ample for our appetites and left enough room for the outstandingly moist and tasty chocolate and coconut sponge with Joes ice cream.

On booking we were advised there is no alcohol licence and to bring our own. As no corkage is charged this actually made the evening relatively cheap!

Would definitely recommend and we shall be returning soon, this time with friends so we can show them our new find.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is my favourite restaurant ever. The food is wonderful with a wide variety of tasty authentic dishes. Whenever someone suggests going out for a meal I always suggest Garuda. The food is very reasonably priced and you can take your own wine and beer without being charged corkage. If you haven't been before I'd suggest ordering a range of dishes to share between you.