“Look beyond the facade”

Ranked #38 of 677 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open from Easter to the end of September Specialising in fresh food. Steaks, pizza, locally caught fish. Desserts to die for. Local seasonal produce. All dishes are home made and freshly cooked.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Agree with previous comments about this place. Look beyond the exterior and take a venture inside.As they say its not a fast food establishment just good food as fast as they can. Squid to start was fabbo.as was the roast beef lunch that followed. Wont be long before we go back.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

It goes to show that the old adage about books and covers remains true..
From the outside, this place doesn't look great. In fact, I suspect the takeaways around the corner probably benefit from this.

Anyway, I popped in during gales and torrential rain on the back of the reviews here and was pleasantly surprised.
The place was empty when we arrived and a bit chilly, but nonetheless the welcome was warm.
Good, swift service and really good food.
To start I had the Thai Duck noodle soup and it was delicious. Others had the parfait and the soup of the day (all winners),.
I had pork belly for main which was lovely, while the others had the Pie (Lamb), Sole and a Meat Feast Pizza. No complaints.

For such a small place, Port Eynon is fortunate to have a restaurant as good as this.
Should you be lucky enough to find yourself on the Gower, this is well worth a visit.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We ate early evening and had the cod with herbs and tomato which was really excellent. The chips were lovely too. Everything is fresh and homemade by a proper chef judging by the quality.
The outside of the Smugglers Haunt isn't so wonderfully inspiring but don't judge it by this.
I would also like to say how very kind and helpful the staff were as my companion was disabled.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Lunch with the family at the Smugglers was the highlight of my day. My laver bread quiche starter was delicious and my risotto was equally good. So nice to find vegetarian food that is not just goats cheese and soggy veg! Even though I had no room, I managed a sticky toffee pudding for dessert. It was my birthday after all! One thing that we didn't realise is that we could have ordered a birthday cake to be made for us. We will definitely do that for the next birthday we celebrate there.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Dined here over the Bank Holiday. We found the staff very pleasant and helpful. The food was great and we would certainly come back to this restaurant.