“Haven in Wind Street”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A group of us ate here on 31 Jan for a work leaving do, booked the day before.
I was reluctant to eat anywhere on Wind street - but wanted somewhere convenient after work.
I was really impressed with both the service and lovely pasta. Good value for money - I would recommend the 'earlybird' menu - generous portions for the money. Great bottle of wine too. The only reason for not scoring 5 is the bright lighting - fine for a group meal but not great if you want a more cosy atmosphere. Having avoided Wind street for years I will be back.

There are newer reviews for La Dolce Vita

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Visited this restaurant with friends on the 26th January. Friendly staff, lots of choice, and lovely tasting authentic Italian food. Prices are pretty reasonable, I had lasagne my hubby had veal and both were very tasty however I do feel that the portions could have been larger. The accompanying side dishes of a few carrots and small potatoes were rather small. I would recommend on taste alone.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

First night in Swansea and after walking around the town went down wind street and thought my god this is the street for all the uni guys.... The pubs and clubs and the places that do 2 for £10 never did I think I would find a diamond in the rough... But I did sitting in the grape and olive in the meridian tower having a cheeky drink came on to trip advisor and this place came out really well so I thought why not try it... We got there and had a very warm welcome we started with bruschetta which was superb and we both really enjoyed it you just have to try it... I had lasagne which was really nice and was just big enough for me, my friend had the king prawn pasta and she really enjoyed that. So if you want a decent Italian then this is a place to try... Go on spoil yourself

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Only went to this restaurant because of TripAdvisor. Swansea has so many restaurants and this pub-laden street didnt look like it could have such a gem. Very nice fresh food from starter to dessert, served with pride, and at a great price. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I have always been a little unsure about this place with it being on Wind Street .However after reading about it on trip advisor a group of us thought we would give it a try . We were thoroughly impressed the staff were friendly and the food was delicious . Will definitely visit here again