“Excellent”

Ranked #14 of 39 Swansea B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Great room, great view, great breakfast! What more can I say! Would definately recommend :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
bakewell
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I would say my stay at The Coast House was nice enough, but not a place i'd have fond memories of, and not a place i'd return to. I stayed on the top floor in a room which was quite cramped - the bathroom was hidden behind a door which looked like a wardrobe - pretty quirky! There wasn't enough room for me and my partner to comfortably spend much time in there as it was simply too much of a squeeze - unless you are lying on the bed!!

A major plus was the WI-FI, which i cannot survive without....and this was great. Was a bit disappointed that the TV had no sound...just a hissing noise. But this wasn't the end of the world for me.

The breakfasts were also OK. fresh juices, nice tea and coffee and freshly prepared fruits etc. The cooked breakfasts were disappointing for me because I do love a full english and i felt a bit short changed! The produce didn't seem good quality to me, cheap bacon and sausage. Another usual thing was that on the first day we were never asked what we wanted, - we were just brought out a plate with one slice of bacon, one sausage, a cooked tomato and scrambled egg + white toast. I'd have liked to choose how i had my eggs cooked, and a choice of white or brown toast. I'd also have liked to be able to have toast after the breakfast too - for jam etc. On the second day we were asked about egg, but we just had egg, bacon and beans. No sausage, tomato, mushrooms, hash brown etc! It was a bit strange.

I was also annoyed at being told there would be a 5 % of the total cost of my stay extra charge to use my credit card....Oh and parking on the road, - no car park.

All in all I was comfortable enough, and the price is reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaryJShim
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I write all of my tripadvisor reviews with an expection versus cost view and I have given this property full marks! I've stayed in many bed and breakfasts which simply don't deliver the goods, this one did! We paid for a bed and breakfast, not a five star hotel and it delivered and so long as you remember that, you'll be happy! The rooms are spotlessly clean and if you ask, they have some rooms available with spectacular sea views. Another bonus was the free car park across the way. 100 yards or so either side was pay and display and not overly cheap. Breakfast was of a good standard and the hosts are lovely, welcoming people. We will definitely return in the future. If you're going to this area, choose the Coast House!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Christchurch, England
Reviewed August 29, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Coast House. The couple that own it are friendly and helpful, and the cooked breakfast was great.

The location is great. Our room was on the first floor with a large picture bay window looking out over the sea across the road with chairs so you could sit and watch the (large) tide coming in and out at your leisure! It was a little bit small but not such that it felt cramped. It had also been recently modernised. The only downside was that the bathroom for this particular room was not en-suite but outside the room accessed by a separate key, but private and close enough to not be too much of an issue. I think most if not all other rooms were en-suite, but there is one next to ours at the front on the first floor that had not yet had the modernisation treatment.

There is plenty of free parking directly across the road from the hotel, and loads of pubs and restaurants along the main road that the Coast House is on. There is a bus stop right outside the B&B that can get you into Swansea, and a small land train that runs along the promenade across the road. The marvels of the Gower are also just on your doorstep.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thub
London
Reviewed August 17, 2009

First of all, I must agree with the last review in that this place is anything but weird and I'm not quite sure if the people who wrote that review actually stayed there.
We were met with a warm welcome by the proprietors and felt instantly at ease. The location of the place is exceptional - unadulterated sea views - we spent a great deal of time sitting in the armchairs in the bay windows watching the sunsets.. Our room was clean and functional and had all we needed to make our stay comfortable. The breakfast was great with a nice selection available and presented in abundance.

A top notch place that shouldn't be overlooked if you're heading to Mumbles.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jagopup
cheltenham
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Well ignore the review that described this place as 'weird' as it definitley is not...its really nice and the owners are too! Our stay was very comfortable and our room on the second floor was compact, adequate facilities with a shower en suite and the view was brilliant, overlooking the bay. If I have to find a fault I can only think that the room was a bit dated but it was fine. The owners are very friendly and the breakfast could not be faulted - the Hotel Inspector would approve I am sure! Very good value for money and I will definitley return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank m00ner
ASHFORD, KENT
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We enjoyed our stay here. Room was very "chintzy" but had comfortable bed with fantastic view across bay, which you could look at from your bed. Also had nice bay window with two armchairs. Good cooked breakfast with plenty of toast, fresh fruit, cereals, tea and coffee. Also had tea, coffee and chocolate in room. Very nice breakfast room with view across bay. Owners are a friendly couple for whom nothing is too much trouble. Only downside, ensuite was rather small and washbasin was in bedroom - not in with shower and toilet! - but this was only a minor detail considering the positives. Would definitely stay here again if we could have same room. If you book here make sure you ask for a front sea view room as these are larger and obviously have the best views. Hotel is very close to several restaurants and shops.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BRANNYCAT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swansea
Shoreline
#1 of 1 in Oxwich
Patricks with Rooms
Patricks with Rooms
#3 of 3 in Mumbles

Been to The Coast House? Share your experiences!