“happy campers”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swansea
Newpark Holiday Park
Ranked #12 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Swansea
“happy campers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here beginning of June and thought it was a fantastic site. We took my in laws motorhome and was able to choose from a number of pitches. Which all over looked the bay, beautiful view. The site was very well kept, clean toilet/ shower block. (With hair drier) . The shop was very good and also free WiFi. :)
We are planning to hopefully return in August.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had been looking to site my tourer Caravan all over South Wales and spent several months looking around various caravan sites and reading reviews on line. I am local to the Gower area and my Job gives me an insight into areas others may not. However, after deciding on the Gower due to location and ease, i decided to look at Port Eynon as its close enough to commute but far enough away to feel like a break.

We visited the main 3 sites in Port Eynon on three different occasions, to give us a feel for the sites at all times. 1st a Friday Morning, Friday Night and then a Saturday morning. 11th April and 12th April.

On the Friday Morning i spoke with Lynda and her son Ryan the owners. From reading some of the reviews on this and other sites some people stated the owners were scary, i was a but apprehensive to what they were like. ( After all some site owners on the Gower can really look down their nose at you ) First impressions, Ryan was busy attending the lawns and Lynda was busy unloading items into the shop, so i probably caught them at the wrong time...

However WOW they could not have been more helpful, so either the other sites are making up reviews maliciously or they were speaking about the wrong people. Lynda is a typical bubbly Londoner who i instantly felt at ease with..and Ryan , well, i didn't know how long my caravan was , its make, its sizes anything really,im a proper newbie. i mentioned it had two wheels, green writing and a fixed bed and he knew exactly the make, model, shape and size.

I was then shown three separate plots that i could have, there are three fields and some plateaus on site, some are kept for persons without kids, so its nice and quiet and the main field has mostly families. There is a very good kids play park for younger kids and the park and plot areas are some of the BEST maintained i have seen in the area.

I was informed about the costs and rules etc. the costs are by far cheaper than a lot of the West Wales sites but a little higher than some but only what you expect on the Gower.

As for the rules, well basically the rules are rules, they are what the majority of people who go away as a family or as a couples WOULD WANT!!!. For me the rules are there to stop gangs of people, stag dos, Jeremy Kyle guests spoiling it for everyone else. If you want chaos then Kiln Park or Trecco Bay is your place. If you want a quiet site where you can unwind and relax then i think this is the place.

Anyway, i said goodbye and returned later that evening, again visiting all three sites but now accompanied by my wife. A little about us, we are in our late thirties with a 9 and 13 year old girls, new to caravans and both working in the public sector. So to spend a lot of money on siting our caravan for the first time is something we wanted to get right the first time...

I took my wife to two other sites in Port Eynon, one my wife said NO WAY, trust me if your looking for a place to stay/Site then you need to visit the sites BOTH day and night, cause one site i actually liked in the day seemed totally different at night, Lets just say it was like a scene from Shameless!

The other site was a very good location but i had heard poor reviews from trip advisor and also from a personal review by a good friend that the owners were like the camp staff from great escape, ( nice when you get there but will shoot you if you try to cross the line )

We then drove into New park which is nicely lit up and Night and i spoke with a number of seasonal caravaners who had returned to the site for their second year and others who had been coming back for years. They were extremely friendly and none of this, who are you this is our site nonsense.

We then returned on the Saturday morning to again check out the site on a weekend day, My nine year old was gone and had made friends instantly and my 13 year chuffed cause shes got 3G and found out there is fibre optic broadband WiFi. ( happy teenager )

I again spoke with several other caravaners who all stated the site was friendly and a great place to relax. They stated everyone visits each other, has drinks outside in the summer or chills out alone, what ever takes your fancy.

We then decided yes to the site and i again spoke with Lynda, whom i already feel like ive known for years. ( she sure keeps her husband and son in order, cause all i have seen them two poor buggers doing is working extremely hard...lol)

We sighted our caravan on Sunday and Ryan and his dad used their tractor to expertly site our caravan in position. Then they were both off again maintaining other bits of the area,( they literally don't stop when ive seen them ) Other caravaners then helped me with the initial setting up.

The area itself, well i don't think it needs reviewing, but for those who don't know Gower you will be in for a treat, the local village is a very short walk away, ( Steep Hill for those who may not be mobile or lazy ) It has a shop, pub, restaurant and a world class beach.

OK downsides... There has to be downsides, well so far i aint seen anything that causes me concern. As for some of the reviews about the toilets, here is my opinion. The toilets have seen better days, BUT not as bad as some people have reviewed. They are clean, yes some areas could be tidied up but they are not dirty toilets. I have not tried the showers yet but they seem OK, its not the Hilton but i only plan on being in them for a SSS... It was clean, it DID NOT smell of Jays Cleaning fluid which so many multi showers do... Could they be better YES, does it really make that much of a difference to my family and I NO, did my wife and kids moan about the toilets, NOT AT ALL, so that passes the test for me....

As for the site, owners, maintenance, other caravaners, site , water supply, location, shop, area, friendliness, views then this site is absolutely spot on...... the only reason i have not given it five stars is because we have only just got here....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
11 Thank Simon S
Staines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This campsite met all of our needs. We woke up to a fantastic view of the sea every morning, we pitched up opposite the playground, the shop was good, fees were also good, showers/toilets cleaned everyday (usually about 10 or 11am), short stroll down into village - would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Hampyt
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed in a chalet at Newpark during June 2012, so I can't comment on the toilet blocks as we didn't use them, but the site was generally very well cared for, has lovely views of the bay, a small but comprehensive shop, and a pleasant playground for younger children.

The chalet was attractively furnished with nicer fittings than are usual on holiday parks, and well equipped. The booking form clearly explains that beds will be made up for you (which they were), but you bring your own towels (which seems fair enough when you're likely to spend lots of time on beaches, so will need a range of towels).

On the whole I felt that park provided good value and a lovely setting - and the staff/owners were friendly, helpful and welcoming. It seems as if I visited a different park from some of the reviewers (but I definitely have the name right ;-))!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank C4242
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

When we booked, we was told it was a family friendly campsite, but this could not have been further from the truth.

Had to pay a deposit and then full payment before we arrived. On arrival given the choice of two pitches for our tent, one just behind a massive rubbish dump, the other only slightly better a little further down the hill.

Not great for trying to mix with other campers.

Only found one tap for the whole campsite. Bog roll provided on arrival and told this was complimentary then we had to buy the rest!

List of do's but mainly don'ts so no biking, no skateboarding not kite flying to name but a few....

The toilet block was disgusting, their cleaning routine (if they had one) is not sufficient and probably the worst i have seen in nearly 40 years of camping (and I have seen 'basic'!)

All in all very disappointing, not appropriate for children at all, so how they can promote it as a 'family' campsite is beyond me!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank LittleLegz
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

We booked a chalet for 4 nights self catering (£250) and were very pleased with it. Very clean, everything you could need to cook and clean, nice and modern design. It is only a 5min walk to the beach, staff is very nice and helpful, they even lent us some dvd's when it was raining all day! Make sure you bring some provisions, as the reception/shop is only open until 4-5pm and is limited but does sell essentials. Would recommend and go back (during warmer periods! and with a car this time!) Only downside points: no towels provided, the plasticky pillow and mattress protectors!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lucrecia666
Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

We booked a long weekend break with our Touring Caravan at this site. I paid the 50% deposit over the phone. I thought £80 for three nights was a bit expensive but I thought it must be good. I wish I had read the reviews first (Memo to self, read the reviews).
Not being a stranger to the area we know Porteynon very well as we live not too far away.
We usually stay at either at Carreglwyd Caravan and Camping Site or Three Cliffs both of which are fantastic places to stay. We thought this was dated and and unfriendly. Don't Bother the competition is by far better.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jayddeesss11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swansea
Culver House Hotel
#1 of 7 in Llangennith
YHA Port Eynon
YHA Port Eynon
#2 of 2 in Port Eynon

Been to Newpark Holiday Park? Share your experiences!