Montgomerie Golf Course, Celtic Manor Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Played 2010 course. HC 21. Loved it. The approach is fantastic. Get your camera ready for when you get to hill from old courses to 2010. Great view. Drop stuff at club house, park up. Staff 11/10! Your visit is special as soon as you get to resort. Ate at 2010 club house restaurant. Very very good. Lots people eating who were not golfing. Popular with local diners. I want to go again.

There are newer reviews for Montgomerie Golf Course, Celtic Manor Resort

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've been to the Celtic Manor a couple of times this year the first for business the second for pleasure.

Both times I have had an enjoyable stay, however I would note the following;

The rooms are OK, they need some TLC and are very dark, not ideal when trying to apply make up.

Whilst we were there we had afternoon tea, the food was lovely however there was no atmosphere, I felt like we were at a wake. In the evening we ate at Terry M's restaurant the food was good and the service OK. Breakfast buffet, well was a breakfast buffet.

There are far to many kids and chavs for my liking... The spa was not relaxing.

I had a hot stone massage which was lovely however the therapist sniffed all the way though. I've also had my hair styled there and I wouldn't rush back.

I enjoyed hitting balls at the driving range, even if I was rubbish.

All in all an enjoyable stay however I'm not sure if that was more because of the company I was with than the setting.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed overnight on 21st July during heatwave. Buggies only allowed on paths. Elderly gentleman with us could only manage half the course as you keep have to get out and walk to the other side of the fairway.

If you need to use a buggy DO NOT go to Celtic Manor.

1  Thank John A
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Me and my wife stopped on a Sunday night at this fantastic hotel , superb food , great service , and good value for money , will be going back

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good food choice, service was a bit slow. However, the scenery was breathtaking. Not hurried,and leisurely lunch