TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Perfect for families

Clean and well managed. Nice facilities, friendly staff and a lovely park for the kids. We go the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Saarek
Newport, United Kingdom
If you know what to look for and when Its a Jewel in Wales' Birding Crown

Ive been visiting the Natural Resources Wales owned and RSPB leased reserve for many years and for... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Sjbedfordphotography

All reviews bird watching the reserve reed beds bird life rspb shop power station severn estuary play area coastal path lovely walk fresh air free entry bird food peaceful place pair of binoculars car park mobility scooter
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really lovely place and I will return.

The only issue was that there was a separate route just for dogs, I believe this was a 6km circuit. The problem with a circuit is you can either complete the whole circuit or head back the way you came.

It would be great if there was more information for the dog friendly route i.e. Where it starts / finishes stating the distance to the lighthouse and visitor centre. Unfortunately I took the first marked dog friendly route and it took 4km to the lighthouse with not much to see. The final 2km had better sights and was a lot more interesting.

Next time I will take the 2km route to the lighthouse and go back the way I came.

Logically thinking I don’t think there should be a separate route for dogs as they have to be kept on leads at all time’s. This would mean more enjoyment to the dog owners and potential for return as they will not get bored of the same old path.

1  Thank TBarnes-Nicholas
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here today for the first time and it was great. Lovely peaceful place with amazing walks, that take you to view points that show the Somerset coast line. Really top quality cafe with superbly prepared food and drinks. If you like watching Herons’ in action and other birds you will love it here, however if you just like a really nice peaceful retreat , you will also love it.

Reviewed September 15, 2019

I visited the centre early on a Saturday. I visited with my elderly Mother. We did nt realise it was possible to book out a mobility scooter. We will do this on our next visit. The marshland area has been well planned and landscaped. There are a range of walks in length. I did a short walk along the coast path. The landscape and views are phenomenal. Walking in the glorious autumn sunshine gave me a sense of well-being. There is lots of educational information along the paths if you want to find out about birds, ducks and other wildlife. There are little paths and bridges which take you off to hideouts. The place is immaculate. Reeds , flowers and grasses dominate.
In addition, there is a cafe to have drinks, cakes and snacks, plus a little gift shop. I will be returning to do some more exploring.

Reviewed September 11, 2019

As the name would suggest, this area is mostly flat , therefor very suitable for young children.
There's plenty of activities for children to complete.
One anomaly- car park token has to be obtained from Shop area, which means an automatic trip to said Shop and that could prove expensive if you have travelling companions

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Came when the Dino event was on in the holidays, little boy loved it, the lady was brilliant at explaining the different types of skulls and Dino poo !!!!
We also walked for miles found a few sculptures and the light house, nice a flat to walk and we were given spotting sheets.
Also a bonus of a little park with an”epic” zip wire according to little people.
Will definitely be back