“Excellent hotel that fit our purpose”

Holiday Inn Express Newport
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Was over to Wales and had to stop overnight, and it did exactly what we wanted from a stopover hotel - Quick check in, clean rooms, comfortable bed, Welcome drink on arrival (Gold Members), good nights sleep.
There is a pub just outside the hotel premises, but the noise insulation in the rooms is fantastic.
The hotel looked new and very well maintained.
This ain't no Ritz, but it does the job perfectly well for a short-medium stay.
Breakfast is adequate and for the price paid, the complete value of the package is unmatched.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is always nice to hear how a guest has found their stay with us.

We take pride in our cleanliness and customer service stadndards at the Hotel and we are always pleased when guests have a positive stay with us.

We hope to that you will consider our Hotel again when visiting the local area.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Newport

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Team Assess met up with a business professional today in Newport.

Great venue for a business meeting today. The staff were discreet the service was excellent. The meeting area was clean an inviting all in all a pleasant experience. We will certainly return in the future.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Michael O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Nicholas,

Thank you for reviewing our conference facilities. We do not often gain feedback regarding this area and I am pleased to readt that you found the facilities clean and the staff members providing good customer service.

I hope to welcome you back to our conference facilities and show just how excellent our hotel can be.

Kind Regards,

Michael Oates
Genersl Manager

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Clean and crisp from the car park to the reception to the bedrooms and the breakfast. The rooms are comfortable and a decent size i used the family room. The breakfast was also nicely prepared and presentable. Friendly staff who like to keep the customers happy. Conveniently located next to the M4 with most facilities within a short driving distance this makes for an enjoyable stay. This was my first visit to Wales and I would happily stay here again

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rashid187
philippa e, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read such lovely feedback about our guests stay and I am delighted to see that you had a great stay with us! We appreciate all types of feedback which we use to help improve our guest's stay. I can see from your review that we excelled in all areas and I will be passing on these lovely comments to my team.

I look forwarding to welcoming you back to our hotel should you ever be in Wales again!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Staff we're very welcoming and helpful. The hotel had a nice atmosphere with a pool table and a bar. The room was lovely air con nice hot shower And a comfortable bed. Ideal for an over night stay or a weekend. Close to the m4. Breakfast in the morning is very nice and like I said the price you pay is very good for what you get. Parking is easy and a peaceful night sleep. Will be returning

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NCFC_09

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our facilities to suit your needs. We take pride in our customer service and I am delighted to see that my colleagues carried this out exceptionally well during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Well positioned for Tredegar House and M4. Some restaurants within walking distance including one which is family friendly (Dragonfly).
Good hotel with inclusive breakfast and you know you get a good standard for what you pay.
Friendly reception who changed our room willingly at check in as one guest had incurred an injury and needed a walk in shower.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Fosseboy
Michael O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with your stay and that our reception team members were able to meet your request quickly.

I look forward to you hopefully returning to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, I liked it apart from a few things.
The things I did like was the customer service- I was warmly greeted at my arrival and given all information about the hotel.
The room was very comfortable and had all the things you need, especially air conditioning! There's a big TV in the room and you have free wifi for the duration of your stay.
My only issues were that on my second day my smoke alarm went off about 3 times. This was a bit annoying.
You can also hear the foot traffic outside in the corridor at night.
I also got the free breakfast, not much variety and not so keen on the "help yourself" system as everyone touches everything and can get unhygienic. While I was having breakfast staff were running around cleaning tables after everyone and while one of them was cleaning the table next to me he was spraying the cleaning agent on the table and also managing to spray some on my table.. Where my food was.
I also found that on my next day my room wasn't cleaned to standard and found some of my belongings had been touched. Plus, the cleaner had left their dirty rag in the bathroom.

If you're looking for somewhere closer to Cardiff, I recommend paying the extra $$ to stay closer to the city centre.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
PEbdon86, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am please to see that you experienced a warm, friendly greeting and that you found your room comfortable.

We appreciate all feedback given to us, positive or negative and I have taken on board all of your comments to relay to my team members to help us improve in these areas. Breakfast service and standards is one of our main focuses for improvement within the brand. I am sorry to hear that you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. I know there was an issue with the fire alarm sounding during your stay, however sometimes the sounding of the fire alarm is beyond our control and my team did everything in their power to get it fixed the same day.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope this has not deterred you from using our hotels again.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed in this hotel last weekend and I was surprised at how perfect my stay was. From the moment in which we arrived, we were assisted by the receptionist and we were given a room minutes after.

The room was perfectly designed, immaculately clean and super comfortable. Every little detail was thought of and their bed was amazingly comfortable.

The bathroom had everything you could need, plus they also have a policy of allowing you to ask for anything that you might have forgotten at home, such as toothpaste or shaving gel.

You also get a coffee/tea set and again, you can also feel free to ask for more if you need more of any item there!

Breakfast is also included in their rates and it is simple but of a very good quality, they are always bringing readily made food and it is kept clean and hot all the time. It was perfect.

All in all, a great hotel, I would happily stay here again!

Room Tip: It is better to choose a room facing the parking and not the motorway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Michael O, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Sergio

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Newport, and for your review which was so encouraging for all our staff, housekeeping, breakfast staff, reception and the rest of the team who deliver customer service to the best of their ability. We hope to see you again in the future and will gladly welcome you to the Holiday Inn Express Newport for another perfect stay.

With Best Wishes,

Justine Carraher
Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Hotel ibis budget Newport
Hotel ibis budget Newport
#10 of 18 in Newport
#9 of 18 in Newport
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
Travelodge Newport Central
Hampton by Hilton Newport East
The Queens Hotel, Newport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Newport? Share your experiences!