I only stayed one night but was very pleased with the overall comfort and standard of this hotel. Breakfast offered a good variety of choices, and other meals are also available. On arrival I was greeted by very friendly staff. I liked having a sofa to sit on while watching TV in my room. I know this was probably to provide an extra bed if needed but was very comfortable. Little touches like a choice of firm or soft pillows, easily available hair dryer, and the door to the en-suite opening back to form a door to the toilet cubicle within the en-suite, showed that thought had been given to design and comfort. Some noise did filter through from the room above but it's hard to avoid in most hotels and it didn't bother me. I unfortunately had a problem with plumbing in my room but when I reported this the next morning I was told that if they had known I would immediately have been moved to a new room. On my return home the Manager updated me on what this problem had been and what had been done to prevent it happening again and I was very satisfied with customer service. It seems unlikely there would be a problem staying here but if there was my experiences indicates that the staff would immediately deal with it. The only drawback for someone like me who travelled to Newport by train is that the hotel is situated some way out of town, further than I had realised. Fine for those travelling by car but it was a £10 taxi ride from the station. It was dark and rainy when I arrived and I left quite early in the morning so cannot say more about location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the good-value Holiday Inn Express Newport hotel for convenient links to the M4 and Cardiff. Holiday Inn Express Newport is 20 minutes' drive from Cardiff city centre and 30 minutes' from Cardiff International Airport, with plenty of complimentary parking .Our handy location beside Celtic Springs Business Park, 6 miles from Newport town centre, puts local companies on your doorstep. You can check email with free wireless Internet available throughout. Make yourself comfortable on a leather sofa in the bar and chat to friends over a beer. Invite 10-55 people to an event in our 5 naturally lit meeting rooms, all equipped with LCD projectors and wireless Internet. Holiday Inn Express Newport offers a free continental breakfast with selected hot items each morning and under-18s stay for free in our Family rooms. It's just 12 miles to sports events in Cardiff's Millennium Stadium and nights out in Cardiff Bay's lively bars. We are delighted all of our guestrooms have now been refurbished and have a completely new look. We have added in lots of extra features including irons, ironing boards and better hair dryers to make sure that you have even more home comforts when you are away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newport Hotel Newport
- Holiday Inn Newport
- Holiday Inn Express Newport Wales