We stayed here for one night the room was lovely the bed comfy and the bathroom very well designed.
But this stay was memorable purely on the antics of the night.
We were just going off to sleep whenI thought I heard the door latch go. Then suddenly two members of staff came storming through the door. I shot up in bed in shock and they to one look at me and looked just as shocked to see us, they turned on their heals and got out of the room as quickly as they appeared.
Later In the night we had just managed to get back to sleep when the fire alarm went off. We didn't know what was going on or what to do. After 5 mins I ventured out into the corridor to see what was happening and just found lots of other people wandering around in the night clothes. No staff to be seen, we didn't know if we should get out or what. Eventually someone went down to reception, came back and said the staff said they were sorry it was a false alarm! Then the alarm stopped and we all wondered back to our rooms and back to bed.
We woke up to a letter find a letter of appoloy for the fire alarm, shoved under our door.
Breakfast wasn't great. Not much for veggatarians.
When we went to book out and reported what had happened they appologised and gave us a free stay in the future.
We will go back and use that free stay as the hotel room was lovely and maybe when the hotel isn't as busy as it was that weekend the breakfast will be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the good-value Holiday Inn Express Newport hotel for convenient links to the M4 and Cardiff. Holiday Inn Express Newport is 20 minutes' drive from Cardiff city centre and 30 minutes' from Cardiff International Airport, with plenty of complimentary parking. Our handy location beside Celtic Springs Business Park, 6 miles from Newport town centre, puts local companies on your doorstep. You can check email with free Wi-Fi available throughout. Make yourself comfortable on a leather sofa in the bar and chat to friends over a beer. Invite 10-55 people to an event in our 5 naturally lit meeting rooms, all equipped with LCD projectors and wireless Internet. Holiday Inn Express Newport offers an inclusive continental buffet breakfast with selected hot items each morning and kids stay free in our family rooms when sharing with a parent. It's just 12 miles to sports events in Cardiff's Millennium Stadium and nights out in Cardiff Bay's lively bars. Our comfy guestrooms are perfect for unwinding in. Inside, you'll find lots of handy features including 32-inch TVs with Freeview, en suites with a power shower and complimentary tea/coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newport Hotel Newport
- Holiday Inn Newport
- Holiday Inn Express Newport Wales