“Made to feel welcome”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub, Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We arrived early on a Friday evening without a reservation, the car park was almost full and the pub had standing room only, despite this we were made to feel welcome and because of this were happy to wait for table. This is pub food at its best, good quality, reasonable prices and excellent portions, if in the area again would not hesitate to visit.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

An old fashioned pub serving good old pub grub! The only thing missing was a roaring fire! The food was fab... Hunters Chicken with loads of cheese and a mountain of crispy chips! Pity the puddings were of the mass produced variety!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a lovely meal, my sister is a coeliac and they were very helpful to her! Have been many times and will go again

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Had lunch in here today with my two sons, all of us having visited before but not for many many years. The lady who served us was the person we all remembered from 10-15 years ago, in fact she has worked at this Inn for 40 years. My husband and sons were fond of the curries years ago and this was what we could smell when we arrived at the car park. My sons chose the chicken curry wondering if it was the same size as years ago-yes it is!! I chose the Lasagne verdi with salad and garlic bread at £7.95 and chose to order a portion of chips as i was hungary. Never again!! The garlic bread was a WHOLE BAGUETTE, i could not eat all that and my Lasagne and portion of chips!!! I apologised to the lady collecting dishes on the three of us not being able to finish our meals-there was just too much food!! A good variety of food is on offer whether it be fish, grills, burgers, with a lot of vegetarian options which surpasses anything i have found at other restaurants. Although my grandson was not with us today, there was a wide choice of menu for him i.e. turkey dinosaurs, chicken nuggets, pasta, sausage and chips, fish fingers all priced at £2.95 Although we did not have a dessert, the 4 choices on the menu looked very appealing, all at £3.95 each. For the over 60's on production of a valid bus pass, a 20% discount on the lunch menu and 10% on the evening menu was offered. On top of the lovely homemade food at very reasonable prices, this was an added bonus. A definite for the future. I was doing a reccee here for a visit in the next few weeks with friends and booking is definitely advisable.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're looking for good old pub grub, this is your place. Range of mains to suit everyone. Good food at good prices!

1  Thank Bassaleg29