“THIS INN HAS THE "WOW"FACTOR”
Review of The Rhiwderin Inn

The Rhiwderin Inn
Ranked #57 of 467 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub, Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Had lunch in here today with my two sons, all of us having visited before but not for many many years. The lady who served us was the person we all remembered from 10-15 years ago, in fact she has worked at this Inn for 40 years. My husband and sons were fond of the curries years ago and this was what we could smell when we arrived at the car park. My sons chose the chicken curry wondering if it was the same size as years ago-yes it is!! I chose the Lasagne verdi with salad and garlic bread at £7.95 and chose to order a portion of chips as i was hungary. Never again!! The garlic bread was a WHOLE BAGUETTE, i could not eat all that and my Lasagne and portion of chips!!! I apologised to the lady collecting dishes on the three of us not being able to finish our meals-there was just too much food!! A good variety of food is on offer whether it be fish, grills, burgers, with a lot of vegetarian options which surpasses anything i have found at other restaurants. Although my grandson was not with us today, there was a wide choice of menu for him i.e. turkey dinosaurs, chicken nuggets, pasta, sausage and chips, fish fingers all priced at £2.95 Although we did not have a dessert, the 4 choices on the menu looked very appealing, all at £3.95 each. For the over 60's on production of a valid bus pass, a 20% discount on the lunch menu and 10% on the evening menu was offered. On top of the lovely homemade food at very reasonable prices, this was an added bonus. A definite for the future. I was doing a reccee here for a visit in the next few weeks with friends and booking is definitely advisable.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're looking for good old pub grub, this is your place. Range of mains to suit everyone. Good food at good prices!

1  Thank Bassaleg29
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went out for an evening meal and chose to go somewhere new.

Was not impressed with the dirty surroundings to the table and broken menus

menu selections all over the shop

Food came thrown on the plate and dripping in grease

not a place i will be going back to again.

1  Thank Cwmbran_Man
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We Sunday lunch here quite often and they never fail to serve a good honest sunday lunch and some lovely ale.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Ordered 10oz gammon, what a joke? More like 1oz bacon. Complained and waitress was very abrupt her actual words were 'what's wrong with it' explained to her that it was flat as a pancake like bacon!! She advised it was 10oz uncooked and thats how it comes. We asked her for another meal in which she did take it back to be re-done. In the meantime the owner came to apologise for this however no offer of money off or a complimentary drink in which I thought would be a good will gesture! When another meal was delivered it was a slight improvement however still as flat as a pancake and chips were stone cold as these were not replaced. Neither myself or my girlfriend are ones to complain but this was an absolute joke and how they can serve that for a meal is beyond me. Should of been served with egg beans and fried bread! If you do go here do not order the gammon!!

1  Thank JLH690