“Vegan food was poor”

Ranked #329 of 573 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A recently fully refurbished and relaunched managed pub, serving great food and drink. We also have quiz nights and live entertainment
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Vegan menu is not bad but the VG burger and chips was bad. Cooked badly, presented badly. I don't understand how it got to my table without someone there sending it back to the kitchen in the first place. Like a child's portion on an adult's plate. It just felt like an insult, that vegans should just be happy that they can eat anything nevermind if it tastes or looks crap. Not worth £20 for 2 meals. I won't be eating there soon unless I know that this review has been read and acknowledged.

Date of visit: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with Greene King
1  Thank georgemcgeorge
Greene_K1ng, Owner at Tredegar Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Georgemcgeorge, your feedback is extremely disappointing, and I'd really like to speak to you to discuss it further. Please can you get in touch when you have a spare moment 01633 893247

Write a reviewReviews (464)

Reviewed December 28, 2019

'The Sorting Rooms' just down the road was full so we popped in here.. as soon as I saw the menu I knew it was going to be generic microwave rubbish and I wasn't wrong. It's like Wetherspoons but worse.

3  Thank clairewU4572UQ
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Tredegar Arms, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

Hi Clairewu4572uq, your feedback is extremely disappointing, and I'd really like to speak to you to discuss it further. Please can you get in touch when you have a spare moment 01633 893247

Reviewed December 25, 2019 via mobile

Spent Christmas Day here with my family, including my 83 year old Mother. From the moment we entered my Mother was treated like royalty, a special day. Fantastic food, fantastic service. Will most certainly be going back.

Date of visit: December 2019
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Tredegar Arms, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2019

Gjwandsw, we're glad we could help. We look forward to your next visit, take care!

Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

Very average Sunday lunch, the chicken was lovely and plentiful, the Yorkshire was clearly a frozen one and very chewy. Three roast potatoes (one a little hard) was not quite enough. Vegetables were fine, extra gravy was supplied on request. I would choose another dish probably, also needs to be hot not warm! The burger my husband had was lukewarm and too greasy to finish. The trifle and chocolate cake were pretty good desserts.
I don’t think we’ll rush back for the mains.

1  Thank victoriacox_wall
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Tredegar Arms, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2019

Hi Victoriacox_wall, it's a shame we didn't wow you when you visited us. If you'd like to share any feedback on your visit please get in touch and let me know using 01633 893247

Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

We haven't been here for a while as service last visit wasn't great and the TA have had a bit of a rough 2019, sayjng that we were pleasantly surprised. There were 7 of us, didn't preorder and all food arrived within 10 minutes of ordering. I had halloumi fajitas and sweet potato fries, absolutely delicious and lots of it and left very full, good service, would eat here again.

Date of visit: December 2019
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Tredegar Arms, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2019

Hi Zoel401, great to hear you enjoyed your visit to our pub. Hope to see you again soon! Thank you for your positive comments.