“Always dependable and good”
Review of Tredegar Arms

Tredegar Arms
Ranked #306 of 435 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A recently fully refurbished and relaunched managed pub, serving great food and drink. We also have quiz nights and live entertainment
“Always dependable and good”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Good food and service, lovely atmosphere whether it be a sunny day in the garden or winter by the fire.

The manager (tall guy with an earring) doesn't miss a trick and ensures excellent customers service.

Nice pub food.

• Visited April 2013

Abergavenny
“GOOD FOOD!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recently visited the Tredegar Arms for the second time and found the food to be of the same high standard.The staff are very pleasant and helpful and I would recommend a visit to this establishment.

newport
“Good village pub”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here on a regular basis for around six months so my experience of the tredegar arms is that of Many visits rather than just a one off.
I find the food is very good without being spectacular but it is a pub, not a fine dine restaurant. I have gone through much of the menu here and it stacks up well. I have seen chip shops and cafes reveiwed on tripadvisor ahead of fine dine restaurants For this reason I score 5 because it does everything I expect from a village pub.And Peroni on tap!

Newport
“Hasn't improved. Avoid.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went back to Tredegar Arms recently following a very bad experience a couple of months ago.Friends had booked this and I didn't want to be a 'damp squid' so gave it a second chance. Food mediocre. Service very poor. Manager again bordering on aggressive with customer that was complaining. I can only confirm that there is a real management attitude problem with the management of this establishment currently. I won't return whatever the circumstances and advise others to avoid.

Wales
“Ok food - TERRIBLE service”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I ate here with 12 work colleagues. We have a monthly lunch and like to try different places near to our offfices. I have eaten here before, quite a long time ago, and liked it, so we decided to give it a try.
We all PRE-ORDERED our food on the morning we were going to be eating, hoping that this would make it easier and save us time (being on a lunch hour). We booked the table and arranged for the food to be ready for 12:15pm. All 13 of us were there by 12:15pm, however there was no sign of the food. We asked three times where our food was and each time we were advised 'it'll be there now', however it didn't arrive after 3 requests. The members of staff did not apologise once for the delay, and did not even speak to us in a polite manner. Eventually it arrived around 12:40-45!!! The food that was arrived was average to say the least, if we weren't all so hungry and on a tight timescale we would have made more of a complaint at the time.
Shame as used to be a nice place to go. We will not be visiting again and will not be recommending it to anyone either!

1 Thank HannahBWales