“Well cooked food, would recommend”

Ristorante Vittorio
Ranked #31 of 466 Restaurants in Newport
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vittorio’s Restaurant is a beautifully traditional Italian restaurant that serves classic Italian dishes since opening in 1988 in a warm, welcoming atmosphere. We are a family run business which puts personal service as one of our main priorities. Please do not hesitate to phone Anna or one of our staff to discuss your bookings.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Myself and some colleagues ate at Vittorios a few weeks ago and we found the food and the service to be exceptional. However, on Friday 30th November, myself and 2 friends decided to dine here again. Unfortunately we didnt book and the owner then didnt want to turn us away, but in hinesight as they appeared to already have several large parties in, it may have been better. We had to ask to be seated to our table as it was so cold by the main door. We had to ask for our food order to be taken and we had to then ask for bread, whilst we waited for over an hour for our food. I also wore my coat for the whole period despite being seated next to a radiator, which wasnt on and there is nothing worse than being cold, whilst eating. However, when the food actually came, it was lovely as usual. Even though, it wasnt the best dining experience this time round, I will definitely, return but maybe on a quieter night! Its authentic, well cooked Italian food at its best. I dined at Bacaros the following night and I can definitely state that the food here is better and you get a proper wine glass, which is not available at Bacaros.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you love Italian food prepared by an Italian family and you are in the Newport (Gwent) area then I highly recommend this retaurant. The staff are wonderful (especially the owners daughter) and they really make you feel like part of the family.
We've had three meals there so far and couldn't find fault with anything. We've booked our Christmas office get together and can't wait for Decemeber to arrive.

1  Thank Gwyn J
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I, my husband and friends of ours decided to eat in Vitorrio's last Saturday night. The restaurant was quite busy, but we were greeted and offered to have a drink at the bar, or to go directly to our table. I ordered pumpkin and sweet potato soup from the specials menu and it was delicious. My husband and one of our friends had the mushrooms to start (I couldn’t resist dunking some bread in the creamy sauce), and the fourth member of our table went for the classic meatballs. For mains, I had the penne aurora (fabulous!), my husband had the sea bass, and our friends had the steak, and the pollo con funghi porcini. We managed to polish off all this fantastic food, and greedily eyed the desserts, but decided our eyes were bigger then our bellies.
The service was excellent- both friendly and prompt. We have booked to return again in December!

1  Thank Well-Impressed
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Quiet night only three tables until 9pm, no bread to the table any more on arrival, I remember when bread sticks and bread would appear, but this was no issue, service prompt as no one else to compete with, ordered starters which were average, the main was the big disappointment , pizza char grilled , our polite description , really it was burnt black, to be fair we accepted it out of polietness, the vegetables with the other main, stone cold, must prep up in fridge then microwave it was taken away and returned hot, but the chicken was luke warm in the middle, another cause for concern, we were given a drink to apologize for the poor vegetables, dessert again good size as the lovely waitress tried to make amend, but all in all the worst meal I have had for a long time, which is very sad as I rated them the best Italian in newport previously, I know we all have off days , I also know that it was not worth the £50 it came to, no alcohol as we don't drink, will I go back, never, will I recommend it no longer , which I had previously ,to many visitors and colleagues, shame as Newport needs quality restaurants, £4 of free drink would never be a good customer retainer for such a poor substandard meal, chef obviously night off . Hope you have a nicer meal if you risk it.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I came here for a birthday meal with my boyfriend and parents, and I could not have chosen a better place. I was feeling a little bit unsure about where to go out in Newport as although its my home city I haven't been back for a few years and I'm aware that a lot of places have changed hands/closed down etc

I remembered going to vittorios a few years ago so tried it again and I must say I was not let down. The first thing to say is that the atmosphere is just what you'd want for a cosy family meal. The service was brilliant and it was lovely to find such a lovely and well-run family business in a city where a number of restaurants seem to be failing. The food was amazing, everyone loved it, the desserts were the perfect end and I was really so happy with the whole experience. My mum says Newport needs more restaurants like this one, I'm inclined to agree!

1  Thank Sophie B