“Average”
Review of Albany Guest House

Albany Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Albany Guest House
Ranked #22 of 34 Newport B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Good location as I was commuting into work.
Breakfast was not up to the £5 charge.
Cheep hotel, so cheep expectations.
Owners did have a dog, which is a good thing for some people, a bad thing for me however.
Had the 'old hotel' smell.
Beds were quite small.
Mainroad VERY noisy.
Friendly people.
Overall average.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the house should be quieter (mainroad)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bear123456
Christine B, Owner at Albany Guest House, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Sir,
I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. If you had mentioned this to me I could have offered you an alternative room. All our single rooms have standard single beds. Double beds are available. We offer a £5 discount to guests who don't require breakfast, I am sorry if you were not satisfied with yours, I would have happily cooked you whatever you wanted within reason. I pride myself on keeping a clean guest house and I would have valued your comment if there was a problem at that time. Please come and stay again and give us a chance to make your stay a pleasant one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Steve and Christine make staying at a guest house a pleasure compared to a functional purpose in a hotel/motel. Friendly, clean and a wonderful breakfast. They also have a private car park that is a little bit of a relief when you have valuables in the car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Yorkshire
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I stayed here for a long weekend in South Wales, a solo break to get away. This B&B is 5 minutes out of Newport on the main road, easily accessible by car and several buses (most frequent being Newport Bus route 8). I don't drive so for me the location was a godsend, its 5 minutes into town and then 15 minutes by train to Cardiff allowing you to enjoy the city without the prices of accommodation there. Steve and Christine who run it are lovely and very helpful-they can tell you all about things to do in the area and even knew the price of the bus fare when I rang to book. The rooms are clean and tidy with a TV, and there is WiFi which is included in the price, so you can stay connected whilst away. Breakfast is served between 7-8 weekdays and 8-9 weekends so you can have a bit of a lie in and still make the most of the day. The breakfasts were lovely too and kept me filled until lunch. Some of the single rooms share a communal bathroom (toilet only-there was a shower and basin in my room), this was spotless however and nothing at all of concern-especially given the reduced rates to reflect this. Overall I had a fantastic stay-Steve and Christine will make you feel welcome and bend over backwards to help and make sure you have everything you need. I'm even considering going back next year I enjoyed it that much, and I can't believe it wasn't already on this site! If you want a short break in Cardiff or South Wales in general but don't want to pay the price of accommodation in Cardiff, you can't go wrong. Top notch and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I haven't got any photos of the outside but here it is on google streetview http://goo.gl/eecXh

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo