Stayed here for two nights for work. The hotel is very big, easy to get lost.
The food we ate was part of the conference package so I can't really comment on the catering.
The facilities are Great, lovely pool and gym. I think most people visit for the golf.
My room was on the top floor and the views were lovely.
The downsides.. The hotel decor is a little dated and it was cold everywhere, I tried to turn the heating up in my room but it was set at 18 degree limit, I rang down to reception and they sent someone up straight away with a heater which helped a little.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Host of the 2010 Ryder Cup golfing competition, this award-winning resort is set in 2000 acres of parkland in the Usk Valley. It comprises a 5-star hotel and a historic 19th-century manor house. There is the award-winning Forum Spa, as well as 6 restaurants and 3 championship golf courses. There are 2 adventure golf courses and the treetop adventure course Forest Jump. Clay pigeon shooting, fishing and mountain biking can all be arranged. The Celtic Manor Resort features a range of facilities to ensure the success of guests' business events and special occasions. These include a comprehensive convention centre and exhibition hall, 31 function rooms and 7 restaurants. Rooms all have a TV with satellite channels, and there is a 24-hour front desk. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas, and there is space for free private parking on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Celtic Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celtic Manor Hotel Newport
- Celtic Manor Newport
- Celtic Hotel Manor
- Celtic Manor Resort Newport, Wales