Set aong trees and close to the motorway, the hotel is not inspiring to look at - a long line of two-storey sheds. But it's comfortable, welcome is good and it does what it says on the tin. But they charge an outrageous amount for WiFi. What planet are they on!! It should be free for goodness sake.
The evening buffet - well if you like a pile of battered fish sitting under lights... and the flesh on one was that grey-red colour you get when fish is overdone and been hanging about too long. Other dishes were chicken and sliced meats covered in thck sauces. You go 'ugh' and having looked at the fish, wonder how long they've been there. Nothing looked appetising. Breakfast is okay - you can't go wrong with eggs, bacon and sausages (which were good) but the black pudding... let's say it was black and dry and leave it at that. Coffee thin and tasteless. Gym tiny and swimming pool is at best a plunge pool. You could push off and hit the other side. Our room was newly done so grouting in bathroom was clean. Not much to fault about the room and ensuite.
It's okay value for money if you want an o/night convenient stop, a breakfast and then push off again. But parts need a tune up and they really should rethink the buffet. If you go, join the chorus of complaints about charging for WiFi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome is just the beginning at the Holiday Inn Newport. Whether you are travelling for business or leisure the Holiday Inn Newport hotel will make your trip a success. Offering 119 well appointed ensuite bedrooms all with air conditioning, High Speed Wireless Internet connection, satellite channels and In-house movies.The hotel is situated just off junction 24 of the M4 with free ample car parking. The thriving cities of Bristol & Cardiff are within a 30 minute drive and it s only a short journey to the Wye Valley or the Brecon Beacons. Take a round of Golf at the Celtic Manor Resort home of the Ryder Cup in 2010, situated opposite the hotel.The Millennium Stadium hosts a variety of events and is only a 10 minute train journey from Newport. We offer an extensive range of Conference facilities with our largest suite accommodating up to 500 delegates. Click on the meetings tab for further details.Harpers bar is a place for work & relaxation with wireless access and an extensive bar & lounge menu. Harpers restaurant provides a tempting choice of cuisine prepared to the highest culinary standard by our international kitchen team. Take advantage of our resident only leisure facilities with heated indoor pool.With our experience and commitment to our guests, we are the ideal choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Newport Hotel Newport
- Holiday Inn Newport Wales