“You Pay for what you get...but”

Hotel ibis budget Newport
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Newport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“You Pay for what you get...but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed for three nights and was used as a base to attend the Welsh Open at Celtic Manor. It was ideally placed for this but not much arround it so stayed in my room of an evening - was very pooped anyway. My room was on the top floor - it was very warm and the A/c did not work - asked at desk and ' Elenor', without asking went to fine a room that was cooler - i was moved without fuss to a ground floor room - cooler but not brilliant - but bearable. Staff were excellent and room was clean - shower was brilliant - Hot and powerfull. Aparently WiFi is coming

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ibisbudgetNewport, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Newport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear HMSLeander-109,

Katarzyna Durczynska, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Weybridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beds are very uncomfortable, just a mattress on a wooden plank that is a base so that was a negative for us. Our sink must have been blocked and they must have tried to unblock it just before we booked in as you could see the bottom had been taken apart and not reassembled properly and whenever you ran water it bubbled and started to block up again. We had to stay put as we were a family (3 rooms) and wanted our rooms to be next to each other's. Other rooms were fine though.

Positives: air-con and friendly staff during our 3 night stay there.

Be prepared to eat out if you prefer cooked food as this is a budget so no cooked food, pay as you eat contintal breakfast. Staff had leaflets for local restaurants so we chose what we wished to eat and decided to settle for Tesco's cooked breakfast (c£6) as they are round the corner.

Otherwise central and quiet spot, no noise at all from the nearby busy road/motorway or neighbourhood which is residential.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ibisbudgetNewport, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Newport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Teddy K,

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Surrey, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Travelling with my two children on our way to a short break in Pembrokeshire, this was the ideal place the break our journey.

It was exactly as advertised, not somewhere you'd go for a holiday but as an overnight stop it was perfect and ticked all the boxes for us.

The reception staff were friendly and efficient and there was ample room in the hotel car park.

The room was small but had all we needed. Double bed with a single bunk over. Desk and TV. Seperate toilet but no bathroom, just a sink in the room and a kind of shower pod which was roomy and gave a great powerful shower.

Sandwiches, drink and snacks were available in reception from a chiller cabinate.

The hotel is literally on the side on the M4 and our bedroom had a great view of the tunnel but we didn't hear a thing. The double glazed windows were brilliant and provided a peaceful nights sleep. The room was quite stuffy but there is air conditioning, so this was soon rectified.

My only criticism would be that the bed was very hard and if, like me, you don't like a hard bed then it was very uncomfortable. But at £29 for the night, I really wouldn't complain too much.

We didn't have breakfast although I believe there is a buffet style available but I can strongly recommend brunch at Frankie & Benny's at the McArthur Glen Outle Centre at Bridgend - great value and very yummy at just £5 each.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ibisbudgetNewport, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Newport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear ClaireBW,

gloucester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotel was basic and would only want to stay there with my partner or on my own as shower is in room with just a frosted glass door.
As I was with my husband this was fine for us and we would stay again if needed somewhere for one night only but very clean. Staff were happy , helpful and friendly . Breakfast option good.
Glad I had read previous reviews so took our own tea making facilities.(The only fault I could find would be no kettle, understand about cost but maybe they could sell tea, milk coffee on reception and just put a kettle in the room.) for the price thought standard of room was good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ibisbudgetNewport, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Newport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear jamelia50,

Katarzyna Durczynska
GM
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

very friendly and helpful staff. room was small and basic but OK for the money and clean.

For a great inexpensive breakfast, just drive 1/4 mile into Newport and on the right hand side is Kate's cafe - friendly service, 2 cooked breakfasts and drinks for under £8

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Katarzyna Durczynska
GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Holiday Inn Express Newport
The Queens Hotel, Newport
Premier Inn Newport Wales (M4, J24) Hotel
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
BEST WESTERN Pontypool Metro Hotel
Holiday Inn Newport
Holiday Inn Newport
#9 of 19 in Newport

Been to Hotel ibis budget Newport? Share your experiences!