“Excellent value”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Newport
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have stayed at The New Inn several times over the last year and are staying again in 2 weeks since its on the way to collect the son from Swansea Uni (about 45 mins away)
On each visit we have found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. plenty of hot water and an excellent wifi signal in each rom that we have stayed in. There are extra pillows in the wardrobe and the beds are comfy.. maybe too soft for some but we are happy with them.
The hotel is close to a main road but we have not been aware of any traffic once inside the room.
Meals at the pub next door are fine and reasonably priced, its not gourmet but doesn't pretend to be
Will definitely continue to stay here :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
wales
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I will do my best to be objective. I will not comment on the hotel facilities since I have not experienced them.
I live locally and eat here regularly with my wife. The food is good value for money and we have rarely had a bad meal here. There is a fairly consistent turnover of staff in the restaurant and the bar. They are usually polite and helpful.
I have never had problems on quiet evenings but I would be wary from now on about eating there when they are busy. We went there last night with friends and were very disappointed.
In all fairness to the manager, she advised us that there would be a wait of one hour for food and she also came back later to update us on when the food was to be expected.I therefore have no problem with the wait.
However, when the food came out, three meals were incomplete and one of the steaks which had been requested as medium came out rare. We sent this one back and when it came back out, the steak had been cooked further whilst the rest of the food had been kept under a hot plate, slowly drying out. My wife ate her meal alone as the rest of us ate out food when they came out.
The other issues we had was there was a large party near us that became increasingly drunk and offensive as the evening wore on. The only respite was when a couple of the party went outside to have a fight.
As a family friendly pub this was not acceptable and I feel the staff who for some reason kept their distance from this part of the pub were not around for us to complain about this.
Whether a polite request for them to "keep it down" would have helped, I do not know, but I saw no lack of willingness to serve the group more drinks as the atmosphere became less comfortable.
I raised these issues with the duty manager who was very polite and apologised. She also offered us free deserts and coffee as by way of apology. We really didn't wish to hang around any longer. She therefore redeemed the cost of a meal and drink.
As I stated at the beginning of the review, I have done my best to be objective, avoid vitriol and just state the events as I see them and give a balanced view.
I think it is a good value place to eat when quiet. However, based on my experiences I would be hesitant to take friends or family there as a treat until I can be convinced of a more consistent night out there.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank nobster666
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the New Inn for 1 night and found it really good value for money, the room was clean and well furnished with a comfortable bed which is always a good start. The attached pub and restaurant was a real bonus with excellent food at very reasonable prices as were the drinks, breakfast was really nice and plenty of choice. All in all well worth the price and would not hesitate to return.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Devon
Reviewed April 7, 2013

we recently spent 1 night in this motel. Our first impressions were not good but how wrong can you be. Despite the fact that workmen were busy upgrading the heating system and there was a mess everywhere our room was warm and comfortable.
The bathroom was clean and plenty of hot water. We had a meal in the adjoining pub which was very enjoyable and cheap! Overall our stay was very good value for money and I dont think we could have found anywhere better at this price.

Room Tip: We faced onto the road but we were not disturbed by traffic noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at New Inn Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear DevonHousewife,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found us to be good value for money. We hope that you would choose to saty with us again if you're ever in the area.

Thanks
Manorbier, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here about three years ago with my young son, this is my hometown and I had returned to visit relatives. Always wanted to stay here, but was so disappointed. Room was drab, bathroom awful, bed awful....

I needed to find reasonable accommodation again through Booking.com up came New Inn Motel again, but stating refurbished rooms, free Wi-Fi. Thought I'd give it another go before I brought visitors with me to stay at the end of April. Booked one night in a twin bedded room for myself and my now teenage son. What a difference, room looked clean and fresh, beds were comfortable, bit soft for me but just my preference. Bathroom clean and refreshed. Bit stuffy, but mentioned to reception and it was adjusted while we were out. Excellent reception, made sure I got ground floor room. Just needs a bit of carpet by the entrance to rooms. See you soon. Thank you...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacqueline R
Dear Jacqueline R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and happy with the refurbishment.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Reception was pleasant and welcoming on arrival; apologies over ongoing heating improvements were not required as the room was lovely and warm; clean; modern and well equipped. The restaurant attached was also well manned with pleasant welcoming staff for both evening meals and breakfast. Add this to its convenient location next to the M4 I would certainly use this hotel again - recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Felltops
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at New Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Felltops,

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay, we are pleased to hear how you found both the hotel and pub enjoyable, we hope to see you again soon.

Many Thanks
Hamble, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here on a overnight stop having been to a funeral in Pembrokeshire. My son had booked a double room for himself and my daughter-in-law and a single room for me. When we checked in, we found my single room was occupied by someone else (could have been interesting)! However, the Receptionist was very apologetic and gave me a double room on the ground floor. The standard of the rooms were excellent, clean white sheets and towels, the room and the bathroom were spotless. There were TV and tea making facilities, in fact everything for an overnight stay. My only criticism, I could hear the noise from the next room quite loudly when they came in from a night out. We ate in the pub restaurant that evening, food was good, but very loud as there were several TV screens playing at full volume. Breakfast the next morning was excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at New Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear SandyH1946,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found our standard of rooms was excellent.

We would like to again apologise for the confusion when checking into your original room, these comments will also be passed over to ensure a reoccurance of the situation does not happen again.

Many Thanks
Good Night Inns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Holiday Inn Express Newport
Hampton by Hilton Newport East
Holiday Inn Newport
Holiday Inn Newport
#9 of 18 in Newport

Been to New Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!