“The WORST Sunday roast in Wales”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Traherne Arms - CLOSED

Traherne Arms
Cuisines: British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“The WORST Sunday roast in Wales”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our experience at The Treharne Arms was by far the worst in my memory. I arrived with my boyfriend for a Sunday roast and were told by the agitated man behind the bar that there would be a ten minute wait for a table. Instead of being told to wait at the bar, we were told to wait outside in the rain with our drinks. After waiting over half an hour we ventured inside to ask how much longer it would be where the same man told us he'd forgotten about us and there had been tables free for the last 20 minutes. We ordered food which arrives in an unusually short amount of time, no more that 5 minutes. The plates were the size of normal side plates, on which was dry meat and granual gravy. Very bland! There was a dish of cabbage, broccoli and carrots that were so over done and had clearly been cooked hours ago and re heated. Really disgusting. Once the food arrived, no one came to ask how the food was or offer us any condiments. I STRONGLY advise that you DO NOT EAT here! Terrible service, dirty surroundings, disgusting food and rude staff.

cardiff, Wales
“Excellent meal as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We discovered the Traherne Arms a few months ago and have become regular visitors. The menu choices are fantastic & portion size is great for the price. We have sampled most of the starters & mains and would recommend all! However for me it's always the white chocolate cheesecake to finish off the perfect meal!

The main car park is at the top of a hill but there is plenty of parking space at the front of the restaurant if you want to avoid the steps down.

Thank you for another lovely evening!

“Indulgence at no frills prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My partner and I visited the Treherne arms Sunday aug 10, we were bowled away at the prices of 2 or 3 course menu options and struggled to narrow it down one main and one desert as seeing others close by us being served we would never manage a 3 course meal,
We were presented with an array of delicious mouth watering mains and a montage of dessert delights that left us pondering long after our tummies had been fed and we had moved on to the activities of the day, I chose the turkey dinner with the chocolate crunch cake with White chocolate sauce. Even writing it down is making my mouth water...
My partner chose the lamb dinner followed by bread and butter pudding with custard, this was by no means a standard dessert it was filled with flavour and deliciousness in every mouthful, we chose the two course for £9.95 ( 3 course is £13.95).
The watliting staff and the atmosphere are all you could ask for from a country pub set up, only for the lucky residents of Cardiff this pub is just outside the city limits and is worth the drive or bus journey.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“It used to be so good.....has it changed hands?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

A bottled Peroni in a J20 glass, no lime for my tonic & lift music in the background was not a promising start. Starters of venison pate & deep fried fish goujons were ok. The mains according to the menu all came with 'chef's' selection of vegetables. Not so with my Morrocan lamb as it had rice so I was told....2 portions in fact of white flavourless grains. I flagged this up & was then offered veg but too late. All mains are served on undersized dinnerplates resulting in small plates unappetisingly overloaded. No draft beers/lagers or cider. Bring back the old crew who gave me a sublime pannacotta many moons ago! Very disappointing - now a budget venue as opposed to a special dining experience

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fresh food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Good menu especially deserts, great choice.

Fresh vegetables served piping hot. Well done.
Friendly people but felt neglected, we were not offered wine menu or offered water, this was a lost opportunity to increase bill. The waitress put down plates and was gone before we could open our mouth. Shame because the food was nice.

A lovely old building but sadly neglected inside, fake black roses on table depressing! Really needs cheering up and refreshing the old curtains.

• Visited August 2012