“Indulgence at no frills prices”
Review of Traherne Arms - CLOSED

Traherne Arms
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My partner and I visited the Treherne arms Sunday aug 10, we were bowled away at the prices of 2 or 3 course menu options and struggled to narrow it down one main and one desert as seeing others close by us being served we would never manage a 3 course meal,
We were presented with an array of delicious mouth watering mains and a montage of dessert delights that left us pondering long after our tummies had been fed and we had moved on to the activities of the day, I chose the turkey dinner with the chocolate crunch cake with White chocolate sauce. Even writing it down is making my mouth water...
My partner chose the lamb dinner followed by bread and butter pudding with custard, this was by no means a standard dessert it was filled with flavour and deliciousness in every mouthful, we chose the two course for £9.95 ( 3 course is £13.95).
The watliting staff and the atmosphere are all you could ask for from a country pub set up, only for the lucky residents of Cardiff this pub is just outside the city limits and is worth the drive or bus journey.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

A bottled Peroni in a J20 glass, no lime for my tonic & lift music in the background was not a promising start. Starters of venison pate & deep fried fish goujons were ok. The mains according to the menu all came with 'chef's' selection of vegetables. Not so with my Morrocan lamb as it had rice so I was told....2 portions in fact of white flavourless grains. I flagged this up & was then offered veg but too late. All mains are served on undersized dinnerplates resulting in small plates unappetisingly overloaded. No draft beers/lagers or cider. Bring back the old crew who gave me a sublime pannacotta many moons ago! Very disappointing - now a budget venue as opposed to a special dining experience

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Good menu especially deserts, great choice.

Fresh vegetables served piping hot. Well done.
Friendly people but felt neglected, we were not offered wine menu or offered water, this was a lost opportunity to increase bill. The waitress put down plates and was gone before we could open our mouth. Shame because the food was nice.

A lovely old building but sadly neglected inside, fake black roses on table depressing! Really needs cheering up and refreshing the old curtains.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had this booked for us to catch up with some family we haven't seen for a couple of years. Perfect choice! It is a cosy restaurant with quiet background music and a very warm welcome. The waitress said she had only been working there a few shifts but she was very friendly and professional. We were a party of 6, the drinks were brought to us quickly and the owner took our food order.
The menu is very extensive with a good choice for veggies like me! The offer was 2 courses for 9.99 so we took advantage of that. I'm glad I went for a main course and dessert as the starter was quite a big portion!
The dessert choice was amazing and we all took a while to decide, I chose the white chocolate basket with cherry ice cream - it was amazng!!!!!! I highly recommend this restaurant and will definatley be going back the next time I'm in the area

Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is quality foos and amazing value. Today was a family birthday celebration but aprt from that, it is my favourite venue and such good value.

Would recommend to everyone - try it and you won't be disappointed. Recommend booking if you are going for Sunday lunch.