Tripadvisor
Cardiff

“Fantastic food & service”
Review of The Stable

The Stable
Ranked #207 of 1,469 Restaurants in Cardiff
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked here for 7 of us to celebrate my birthday. The table was booked for 6pm but due to the awful weather outside, a couple of us headed across at 5.20pm to see if our table was ready - and it was! A lovely waitress showed us to our table and took our drinks order whilst we were waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.

Our food was delivered quickly and everything came as ordered.

It was a lovely evening and we would definitely return again.

On a seperate note, I visited for a lunch time group meal (10 of us) a couple of days later and that was just as brilliant.

Date of visit: January 2020
stablec2018, General Manager at The Stable, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Lizzie

Thanks for leaving us a 5 star review. We love hearing about peoples time with us. We have some pretty exciting things coming up from live music to a spicy pizza challenge. I shall pass on your kind words the whole team.
Thanks for coming twice so soon. We have a loyalty card available through our app look for stable pizza. You can earn slices for for free stuff.....

Many Thanks

Rob

Write a reviewReviews (315)

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

Terrible pizza and ok service, the pizzas we had had next to no cheese or toppings, ham was dry and tasted salty.

Date of visit: December 2019
Stable C, Manager at The Stable, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2019

Hello lovely,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some feedback - we really do appreciate it. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with us here at The Cardiff Stable. Would you be able to provide us with a little more information regarding your visit?

I do indeed hope that you return soon to give us another go!

Reviewed December 19, 2019

Food was brilliant but I have NEVER received such slow service. Took 20 minutes just to bring us the bill, not to mention the amount of time it took to take our food orders and the clearing of our finished food.

If the food wasn’t so good, I’d be reluctant to come back here. Staff weren’t friendly, service was poor and slow.

Date of visit: December 2019
Stable C, Manager at The Stable, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2019

Hey Chelsea,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback - we really do appreciate it. I'm so sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your visit and I do hope you didn't leave with any feelings of discontent. We here at The Cardiff Stable strive to make our customer service perfect - so with this feedback we can only improve!

However, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food - great, isn't it?!

Make sure you pop back again ASAP for another slice of the action,

Reviewed December 16, 2019

Great pizza, thin,crispy base and wide range of toppings, good for veggie and vegan food.
Only one downside, not such a great place for a single diner. I went here whilst on a work trip. Service was speedy but basically I was ignored.
I was seated on the end of a long table the rest of which was occupied by a large works party out for Christmas, not ideal. Also, beware anyone with a bad back, most seating is on benches.

Date of visit: December 2019
Stable C, General Manager at The Stable, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2019

Hey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback - we really do appreciate hearing about our guests visits!

Unfortunately, this time of year we don't tend to have a lot of space due to larger bookings - but I'm sorry to hear that you think you were just popped at the end of the table! I'm also shocked to hear that you were ignored, this will definitely be brought up with my team. I sincerely hope that you didn't leave with any feelings of discontent.

I really do hope that you make a return visit. If not to us then maybe to one of our many sister sites!

Reviewed December 12, 2019 via mobile

We came here as we had been past before and never been in. We had not booked but were seated upstairs where you had to either go down to order or you could do it via their app.
We went downstairs first to order our food and drink. After ordering and paying for it we were then told if we had done it via the app we would’ve saved 10%. This was not explained to us when we were seated. We did order another round of drink via the app but would’ve been good to know from the start.
Can not fault the food and there was live music on during our meal which was a good atmosphere to the place. Will be returning and booking the next time to hopefully get downstairs.

Date of visit: December 2019
Stable C, Manager at The Stable, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2019

Hey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback - we really do appreciate it. So sorry we couldn't grab you a table downstairs - it must've been chaos here! Make sure you book before you pop back to see us, we can grab you a cosy little table down here with us!