“Delightful”

Mezza Luna
Ranked #121 of 1,232 Restaurants in Cardiff
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Mezza Luna is a Lebanese and Moroccan restaurant located on City Road in Roath, one of the most vibrant and diverse areas of Cardiff.Menu offers wide selection of Lebanese mezze dishes and grills, as well as Moroccan tagines. Diners can also indulge in selection of desserts and speciality teas typical for both regions or inspired by the cuisines. Mezza Luna is a fully licensed restaurant with a selection of wines, beers, spirits and cocktails. We also offer a variety of mocktails (non-alcoholic cocktails). All the drinks on offer have been selected very carefully and we have incorporated flavours typical for Middle East and Morocco into our cocktails and mocktails. All our wines compliment the dishes on the menu. You will be spoiled for choice with a selection of Lebanese and Moroccan wines alongside New and Old World wines.Visit Mezza Luna and transport yourself to a distant exotic location surrounded by unique decor of wall castings depicting various scenes from across the Mediterranean and the Middle East. If you are looking for a unique dining experience and unforgettable atmosphere Mezza Luna is just the place. We are quite famous for the entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays with a live performance of a belly dancer.
“Delightful”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

It had been a long day moving my daughter to Cardiff. We arrived after 9:00pm, walked in without booking, and there were a couple of tables left (phew!). The menu choices make a challenge to choose from - there is something for everyone. We shared olives and tzatziki for starters. My daughter had lamb chops and I had a vegetarian tagine for mains. The lamb chops were beautifully cooked and a generous portion. The vegetarian tagine would have been better with couscous (for some reason I chose Lebanese flat bread, which was lovely, but couscous would have been better). we both had a glass of wine - mine the house red, my daughter the house rose. Both wines went down rather nicely. The service was discrete and there when needed, our hostess was friendly and helpful. A good meal to end a long day, thank you!

• Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Great Mix Kebab”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Came here for halal food while visiting Cardiff. The mix grill was really tasty, the restaurant itself had certainly made an effort with the decor which was also very surprising. There is a good selection on the menu, I got to try cardamon tea for the first time. It's in a busy area but great for a quick munch :)

Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Eaten here on many occasions and never been let down
Fantastic variety
Great prices
Highly recommendable

1 Thank Ste J
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“All Senses Satisfied!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

What can I say.... Local reputation and word of mouth first attracted me to Mezza Luna and I was not disappointed.
A great selection of grills/tagines/mezze and drink selection to match. The waiter recommended a suitable wine/ beer and cocktail for our entree and main all dependant on our own personal taste and the owner Anna was extremely accommodating.
All I can say Is if you enjoy Lebanese, Turkish or Greek food you need to eat here! Fantastic restaurant and a great traditional belly dancer on Saturday too.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank GoodOlJR
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC FOOD”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We had the most amazing evening at mezza luna. the food was fantastic, the wine was so delicious and the waiting staff were so friendly, making lots of suggestions for us. the belly dancer really added to ambience of the evening and I think it made my hubby's night. I've been telling all my friends and would definitely recommend anyone to give mezza luna a try.

• Visited May 2014