“An absolute hidden gem”

Mezza Luna
Ranked #117 of 1,246 Restaurants in Cardiff
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Mezza Luna is a Lebanese and Moroccan restaurant located on City Road in Roath, one of the most vibrant and diverse areas of Cardiff.Menu offers wide selection of Lebanese mezze dishes and grills, as well as Moroccan tagines. Diners can also indulge in selection of desserts and speciality teas typical for both regions or inspired by the cuisines. Mezza Luna is a fully licensed restaurant with a selection of wines, beers, spirits and cocktails. We also offer a variety of mocktails (non-alcoholic cocktails). All the drinks on offer have been selected very carefully and we have incorporated flavours typical for Middle East and Morocco into our cocktails and mocktails. All our wines compliment the dishes on the menu. You will be spoiled for choice with a selection of Lebanese and Moroccan wines alongside New and Old World wines.Visit Mezza Luna and transport yourself to a distant exotic location surrounded by unique decor of wall castings depicting various scenes from across the Mediterranean and the Middle East. If you are looking for a unique dining experience and unforgettable atmosphere Mezza Luna is just the place. We are quite famous for the entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays with a live performance of a belly dancer.
“An absolute hidden gem”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My boyfriend and i visited this evening and so pleased that i felt the need to write my first review! I am a huge fan of middle eastern food and was looking forward to a meal here. I was not disappointed at all- excellent food and a great menu, attentive and friendly staff, along with a belly dancer dancing- what a lovely place. We will definitely be visiting again soon!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“We had a great meal and a great time”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We visited here as a family of 4, booking ahead and using the recent groupon "half price" offer, on a Sunday night. The restaurant was quiet, which is as we hoped and why we booked for a Sunday (apparently it is busier/more lively on Fri and Sat withe a belly dancer!) Very friendly greeting, shown to our table straight away, with attentive service all evening We ordered some hot and some cold starters - Kibbah, Falafel, Vine Leaves and an especially nice sauteed King Prawns. all were excellent, and I thought that the portions sizes were fair and typical of what to expect of food of this quality. Then on to the main courses, we went for a tagine, a mixed grill, a couscous dish and the lamb chops. Again, all very tasty and enjoyable, and good sized portions. They stock the very-hard-to-find Musar Lebanese wine, which impressed the "wine expert" amongst us, and which I would recommend trying as it is just right for these types of foods. We finished off our evening chatting to the extremely friendly co-owner. So, in summary, we had a great meal at a very good price, and a lovely evening. We will be going back.

Penarth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Evening”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My son and son in law took me to this restaurant for an evening meal. As it was mid week we could order of the special menu if we wanted. This was 2 courses for £10. We ended up having 3 courses as the desserts were really irresistibly tempting.

From entering the restaurant, I was continually pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is spotlessly clean and very well decorated and furnished. The service was first class. The lady who served us could not have been more pleasant, obliging and hepful.

The food was wonderful, we all had something different and we all commented on the presentation and the flavour of the food, which we felt was first class. It was a wonderful meal which came to £66. for 3 people for a three course meal, incuding bread olives, drinks and mint tea- fantastic!

• Visited September 2013
“Worse meal ive ever had complete rip off”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I booked a table for myself and my boyfriend after purchasing a half price 2 course meal for two groupon voucher. We visited the restaurant on a Saturday evening. We chose our meals before hand from there online menu. We arrived at the restaurant which was very quiet which I thought was unusual being a Saturday nite I expected it to be busy. We were shown to a table for 2 by a male waiter he gave us menus asked if we wanted any drinks very miserable fellow there was no smile nothing. A female waitress brough our drinks and asked for our groupon voucher which I gave to her she then asked for our food order after browsing the menu it was nothing like the menu advertised online I asked her why this was she replied they had a new menu which we would have to order from instead which I wasn't happy with as the menu was completely different. I ordered tiger prawns for starter my boyfriend had meet balls the prawns were no way tiger prawns they were tiny and I only had 4 my boyfriends meetballs were cold. For our main course we both had sirloin steak and pepper sauce the steak was far from sirloin in fact I'm pretty sure it was frying steak we had rosemary potatoes which tasted like they were frozen far from fresh. We complained about the steak they reassured us it was sirloin more lies. We then asked for the bill for our drinks which came to £6 in total as we didn't have cash we asked if we could pay by card they said we could but charged us £10 for the £6 worth of drinks as the minimum card payment was £10 absolute cheek. Horrible atmosphere ,revolting cheap food, miserable bad attitude staff . Don't visit this restaurant u will b very disappointed and u will b wasting your money

1 Thank Joanne6799
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A very enjoyable experience”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Researched trip advisor looking for somewhere different to eat, and decided on Mezza Luna's, so pleased with our choice, it's quite a busy place and we hadn't booked on a Friday night which is dangerous, but the staff were very helpful and found us a table, not ideally located, but that's our fault for not booking.

Service was very good and not at all intrusive, the entertainment was also very good and created a nice happy and friendly atmosphere.

The mocktails are superb, but the best part was the meal which was delicious, couldn't fault it and am ready to return.

Not cheap, I think the meal, starter and main course for 2, plus cocktails and mocktails totalled about £47.00 but money well spent, we left contented, full and appreciating the excellent food

• Visited August 2013