“Gone downhill”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I've been to this restaurant many times over the years but I'm afraid to say it's gone off the boil in the last 6 months. There has been cause to complain nearly every time about the steaks - they just don't know how to cook them any more. Always over cooked and always the waiters can't understand our dissatisfaction. I feel the attitude of the staff is one of over confidence. They know they've been a great restaurant in the past but can't believe they aren't up to it any more. No more visits for me I'm afraid especially as there are better venues around.

4  Thank Roger B

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My favorite restaurant in Wales. Love the location, the atmosphere and parking so convenient.

Love the service there (can't believe they don't charge service charge)! Love the seafood there, my favorite are Lemon or Dover Sole. Love halibut too...but every time i go...halibut 8/10 are always sold out!

Apart from that ..definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

was a bit concerned about recent mixed reviews but visited yesterday (17 November 2013) in a group of 7 (4 adults and 3 children) and it was top notch. We ate upstairs in La Marina.
The food was very good - mixture of set Sunday lunches (adults) and fish and chips (children) - and the service was excellent. In particular, the manager could not have been nicer or more patient running through all options with my slightly fussy 6 year old son.
Based on our experience yesterday, I would be happy to recommend this place.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Good food, well presented, efficient and friendly staff and a good value lunch. And, you can follow up your eating with a walk along the barage.
We ate upstairs and liked the atmosphere. The food was tasty and although there is a little bit of 'up-selling' it is quite gentle and good natured.
The restaurant would suit many types of people and for various typesof occassions.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Having expected an amazing meal we were very disappointed.
We arrived for the second seating, had to wait 45 minutes for our table which we had pre booked so were expecting to be seated straight away.
Then when we sat down they told us they'd ran out of food for half the dishes on the menu. Having already spent a fortune at the bar, we didn't fancy anything that was still available on the menu so went home and ordered a take away! Which arrived in 20 minutes!