“One of Cardiff's best kept secrets”

PiPi's Coffee Shop & Greek Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Coffee Shop & Greek Restaurant
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I went here with a friend and to be honest wasn't expecting too much, we just thought we'd give it a try as something different. We were really impressed with our experience there and have decided to make it our 'regular'! We each had two courses - starter and main - and all four dishes were lovely. The food tasted great and was clearly freshly prepared. The service was OUTSTANDING, we had a wonderful waitress who couldn't have been more friendly, professional and helpful. We really felt like our custom was valued. My only issue with the evening is that we sat downstairs (which from reading other reviews seems to make me think we might have been in the cafe area rather than the restaurant?) and it was rather cold. We ended up putting our coats back on! Do bear in mind too, that they only open Wed-Sat.

1  Thank honey b

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me & and my boyfriend feel in love with greek food once on holiday. Iam even thinking about moving to cardiff just to be my local coffee shop during the day and local restaurant during the night. The food is amazing very tasty would recommend to anybody. Will be returning with the whole family in october for me & my boyfriends birthday.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

It was busy on the night we visited with a large party dominating the night, however we were not neglected and the waitress had time to chat and keep in touch.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went to PiPi's last Friday night as we used the Groupon Voucher.

The service was fine and we were warmly greeted, although the restaurant was practically empty and we were offered a table right next to the toilet.

I order the Grenache rose wine and I can honestly say ive tasted better from £2.99 bottles. I expected more from a bottle that cost almost £16, when we left half of.

The food was, in all true reflection, mediocre at best. I had Saganaki to start which was over cooked but the flavor wasnt too bad and my partner had calamari which was quite pleasant.

For mains, I chose lamb cutlets, my partner had pork souvlaki both served with chips and tzatziki. Unfortunately the lamb was very fatty, overcooked and lacked that real authentic Greek taste, chips appeared to have been of the frozen variety but the tzatziki was very nice. The pork souvlaki was fairly good..

The desserts on offer were all in a cabinet at the front and the waitress said to take our pick as they were all the desserts they had left! They were nice enough but im not convinced they were freshly prepared on the premises. They had a huge cabinet in the restaurant full of stunning looking cakes which we thought we could choose but we were told they were all frozen!

The bill came to £72 for x 2 starters, mains, desserts and coffee plus the bottle of wine. Ordinarily I wouldn't have given a second thought to paying this for food I really enjoyed but I think they could do so much better as the experience and the food was sadly average.

As a coffee & cake shop I think they could do well but I would urge them re-consider their approach to the restaurant aspect and focus on producing quality, tasty dishes with the heart and soul of authentic and genuine taste of Greek cuisine.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Bought a Groupon Voucher recently and visited on a Thursday evening. Service was good, food was really flavoursome the choice was also good. With the voucher excellent value for money, without still good value for money, as you are getting good quality food.

I had baked feta for starter and my husband had Slow cooked pork mmmmmmmmmmmmm. For our mains we both had Feta Stuffed Burgers, amazing, we washed this down with a Greek Red Wine which was also really good, overall I would not hesitite in suggesting to others as we will be going back.