“Enjoyed with one problem” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of PiPi's Coffee Shop & Greek Restaurant - CLOSED

PiPi's Coffee Shop & Greek Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Coffee Shop & Greek Restaurant
Penarth, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed with one problem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

5 of us dined using 2 Groupon vouchers. Great atmosphere/ambience. Attentive service. Food was very good part from my daughter's chicken kebab (souvlaki) which was partly uncooked. We pointed this out to the waitress. So you'd think I would not recommend because of this but to be fair the rest of the food was excellently presented and served. Steaks and dolmades are well recommended - and they have a little food shop in the restaurant so if you like the dolmades you can buy them to take home and try again.

• Visited April 2013

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I never knew this restaurant existed until I saw a deal on Groupon. I bought the deal and went one evening, the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Although being a little small the atmosphere was great with some greek music in the background. The food was fantastic, extremely tasty and plenty of it. The only dissappointment was that they did not have much choice of dessert but we all found something we liked. It would have been a bit pricey if we had not got the voucher but well worth a try.

• Visited March 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“nice pastie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I don't tend to go into places on Caroline Street, I only noticed it because it was open on Sunday. Looked through the window and saw some tasty looking greek pasties. I bought a spinach and fetta , bit greasy but oh so tasty and flaky. The place was full so I took mine as a takeaway, which was cheaper.

• Visited February 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Nothing so special here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I go often to this place however is nothing here so speacial, I try so many thing like pastry , sweet, coffee, wine, but is not good quality at all but to expensive for such average quality food and drink, I mean high price for average quality.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank En Z
Worcestershire
“There are much better places to eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We chose this over the other central Cardiff Greek restaurant, because of the reviews on TA. We almost decided not to go in because the place looked so deserted for 8 pm on a Friday night. Still we made a booking and being a man of my word. We were greeted by a charming Polish girl Angelina, who allowed us to choose our spot, menus were handed out, one of which was covered in oil and grease, Angelina apologised and replaced it with another, not a good start. the house red was very nice and we had two large glasses. We decided to order many small dishes off the starter menu and have an evening of picking and mixing with finger food and salads. The humus and the tsasziki were really nice as were the real pitas, but that was as far as it got, really, I liked the white bait, but my wife pointed out that they had not been dipped in egg and flour. The aubergine and courgettes which were also supposed to have been similarly cooked (fried in oil after being dipped in egg and flour), had been sliced so thin then griddled, that they took up the appearance of carbon paper and tasted of charcoal. We had a go at what I think was called the Bungri Meze, but that also had a burnt onion taste, the pork was not very nice either. So! All in all a very disappointing meal. The only saving grace, was Angelina, who was a star, I do think she amended the bill to reflect our obvious disappointment. Had it not been for the service, this would have gone down as poor for a rating.

• Visited December 2012