“Lovely food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Relaxed atmosphere in a family run restaurant. The food was well don. Tasted great and would highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for La Trattoria Molisana

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Not exactly ushered to our table, more herded with a vague point and grunt. The temperament of the staff is surly and uninviting and I'm not sure I met an Italian all evening but plenty of Eastern European staff. The pasta was tasty and so was the pizza but it was doughy and undercooked. How can an Italian restaurant get the basics so wrong? The bill was thrown at us and we weren't asked how the meal was so this is the only way they'll find out. Would I go back?? Nope. Do they read these comments?

2  Thank waedywales
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Been twice now. This is a nice place, good food, good value but portion sizes are a tad on the small side

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Been to this a restaurant a number of times and have always come away happy. The latest occasion I visited with a friend, on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was quite when we arrived for our booking at 7pm, but steadily got busier. Parking is easy enough along Albany Road or the number of side streets around the area. I have always liked the décor of the restaurant; has a rustic Italian feel, with terracotta roof tiles enclosing a faux courtyard. The restaurant is a little compact when busy, being the only fault I can make.

From reading reviews on here we decided to try their Spicy Italian Sausage to start, this was really tasty, with a cold tomato based side sauce (like salsa) and salad. The starter was really good, simplistic but a tasty way to start the meal. For main I went for the Spaghetti with Cockles and Tomato Sauce, a side order of Sautee Potatoes and Garlic Bread. My friend went for the Homemade Lasagne, as well as Sautee Potatoes and Garlic Bread with Cheese. The waiter informed us that one portion of Sautee Potatoes would be enough for two people. If you have a decent appetite like us, get the two. The presentation of the food is excellent, and the quality is very good, the menu is a fair size and there is plenty to choose from; Pizza’s, Pasta’s, Meat Dishes and Fish Dishes. For dessert I went for the Homemade Tiramisu, and my friend went for the Homemade Italian Cheesecake. I would say the dessert was the highlight of the meal. The Tiramisu was creamy and full of flavour, and the Cheesecake looked like a Sicilian Cassata, but I was informed tasted really good.

Service was very good; we were in and out in around an hour. They had a birthday party booking, so I think they wanted to deal with us before they were inundated with orders from the larger party. All in all one of the better Italians in Cardiff.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I have been to Molisana's many times and it is a favourite of ours. It has a very homely atmosphere and the staff are always pleasant. the food is consistently good: we have never had a disappointing meal. As a vegetarian, I find The pizzas and pasta dishes excellent.

1  Thank Alice S